Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  • 1 Post By WasteSomeTime
  • 1 Post By fardream
  • 1 Post By gedzum
  • 1 Post By willied
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  1.    #1  
    Hi all this thread for everyone that hates YouTube advertisement it is pointless and annoying nobody cares go away LEAVE ME ALONE.

I especially hate those advert that last 30 to minute which you can't skip and those pop up one that you either wait for or click the delete.

Has anyone else feel like throwing out your monitor to that passer bye that happen to get hit.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 11-26-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot post icon :3
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    If you get " ad block " for chrome, they get removed. Well not removed but they dont play.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    Hi all this thread for everyone that hates YouTube advertisement it is pointless and annoying nobody cares go away LEAVE ME ALONE.

I especially hate those advert that last 30 to minute which you can't skip and those pop up one that you either wait for or click the delete.

Has anyone else feel like throwing out your monitor to that passer bye that happen to get hit.
    It's even more annoying if the ad is the trailer for some stupid horror movie
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Specially agree when horror comes up I shut the explorer down immanently don't care what on. :D

I almost throwed my laptop across the room when one came on last time :3

Some ads are bearable. I don't mind the ones where you can just click the "x" to hide them or the ones you can skip. I hate the ads that aren't related to what I'm watching and can't be skipped. In fairness though, the ads on youtube aren't as ridiculous compared to TV. It's like an advert every 10-15min for 5 even 10 min long.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

What's with the irrational fear of horror movie ads?

I havent seen ads in like a year, I love ad block

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Adblock Plus, get it. Works with Firefox and Chrome, however, I haven't figured out a way to block video ads in IE yet.
  9.    #9  
    I don't have chrome and I can't get adblock this is because am on BADA a stupid OS design by Samsung (it touchwiz)

IT BELONG'S IN THE DEPTHS OF **** TO BURN FOR EVER IN THE FLAMES OF CRUELTY AND BLA BLA BLA hate it >:<

I'M MAD BRO

You literally can't do anything either windows phone 7.0 has more features and apps, android 2.1 elclaire has more use and app then what I got now MAD

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    I would pay $20 a year for something like "YouTube Prime" where they eliminated all advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    I would pay $20 a year for something like "YouTube Prime" where they eliminated all advertising.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually came to that

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I don't have chrome and I can't get adblock this is because am on BADA a stupid OS design by Samsung (it touchwiz)

IT BELONG'S IN THE DEPTHS OF **** TO BURN FOR EVER IN THE FLAMES OF CRUELTY AND BLA BLA BLA hate it >:<

I'M MAD BRO

You literally can't do anything either windows phone 7.0 has more features and apps, android 2.1 elclaire has more use and app then what I got now MAD
    Sorry to read that. Touchwiz and the touchwiz adroid skins can go to ****.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

I'M MAD BRO

Sorry to hear that.

I thought you meant the ads in YouTube using a desktop PC browser.

Are you people aware that YouTube content is created by individuals like yourselves? They make a small amount of revenue if you watch the ads or click them.The advertising is way classier than the garbage on cable TV. You PAY over $100/month to be force-fed 18 minutes of commercials per 42 minutes of actual show for cable TV. Just like how the movies start 20-25 minutes late and they advertise after you've already PAID them. YouTube is free and you are throwing your monitors out the window for a tiny amount of advertising and resorting to ad blockers? For an hour's worth of YouTube entertainment you probably only watch 5 minutes of pre-roll commercials. How do you think YouTube and all those content creators make money?
  15.    #15  
    I just realise that my phone does have that put it called a different name silly me it called hide ad ;D

I was letting off some steam on my phone can't stand it (hate it im actually throwing it at walls and on the floor hasn't broke, chipped or glass crack yet I will be using it as an hammer next :D)

Computer I don't use those browser I use maxthon 3 which is excellent I probably look to see if there a setting somewhere thanks for the advise everyone.

For comment above mel the way netflix just saying "cough" no adds "cough" it cost money I know but it a okay or if you have sky+ hd record the show and skip the adds (evil laughter hahahahahahahaha screw adverts) :D

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel the Way View Post
    Are you people aware that YouTube content is created by individuals like yourselves? They make a small amount of revenue if you watch the ads or click them.The advertising is way classier than the garbage on cable TV. You PAY over $100/month to be force-fed 18 minutes of commercials per 42 minutes of actual show for cable TV. Just like how the movies start 20-25 minutes late and they advertise after you've already PAID them. YouTube is free and you are throwing your monitors out the window for a tiny amount of advertising and resorting to ad blockers? For an hour's worth of YouTube entertainment you probably only watch 5 minutes of pre-roll commercials. How do you think YouTube and all those content creators make money?
    It's incredibly annoying when you want to watch a 1 minute video and you've got a 30 second ad. I'm all for the content creators making money, but having ads that are nearly as long as the videos just isn't right. Plus, you can usually skip the ads after a few seconds anyway and the video creator doesn't get any money if you do that. So I'd rather get rid of the ads that I never click or watch through anyway.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  17.    #17  
    I like you're idea when I'm Prime Minister of Britain I'll hire you as grand adviser :D
    willied likes this.

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I like you're idea when I'm Prime Minister of Britain I'll hire you as grand adviser :D
    Why, thank you, good sir. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel the Way View Post
    The difference is whether cable TV or broadcast TV, it is possible to DVR the program and then skip all the ads.