Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ninjaap
  • 1 Post By brmiller1976
  • 2 Post By ninjaap
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,768 Global Posts
    Summary: Taiwanese electronics manufacturing giant, which produces various high-tech devices including Apple iPhone and Amazon Kindle, is evaluating Detroit and Los Angeles, among other cities, as potential sites.

I wonder if they'll have dormitories and suicide nets like the factories in China?

Foxconn building manufacturing plants in US | ZDNet
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    On the good side that would help keep some money in the U.S. but I think they will bail once they realize how much more money it would cost to operate.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    On the good side that would help keep some money in the U.S. but I think they will bail once they realize how much more money it would cost to operate.

Especially when obamacare goes into effect!

*runs away from thread as it will now become unbareable to watch*

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Summary: Taiwanese electronics manufacturing giant, which produces various high-tech devices including Apple iPhone and Amazon Kindle, is evaluating Detroit and Los Angeles, among other cities, as potential sites.

I wonder if they'll have dormitories and suicide nets like the factories in China?

Foxconn building manufacturing plants in US | ZDNet
    LOL! Nah... it's in California. They have one of, if not, the strictest labor laws in the US, even without a Union party representative.
    palandri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    It is likely that they would know the operating costs before they decide to build a couple of factories in the U.S..

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    American Apparel profitably makes clothing in Los Angeles... much lower margin stuff than high-end electronics. There's no reason that tablets, smartphones and other high-value, high-margin tech products cannot be made in California too.
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    ****, I used to build cars and trucks for Toyota, up until 2 years ago when I lived in NorCal. That company survived for more than 20yrs, before the recession hit. Now Tesla took over the plant and is ramping up production from 200 cars a week to 400 cars a week next month. If they can build $20K-$40K cars, they can build $600 tablets and phones.
    palandri and brmiller1976 like this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Californians are affluent compared to much of the country, and we're also big about "buying local."

The Nexus Q was selling like crazy for the week it was out, simply because it was built in San Jose. I'd imagine an actual smartphone or tablet "made in California" would be a blockbuster seller (and a big differentiator for its manufacturer).

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    some light is shedding on this - It's looks like Foxconn not surprisingly is building this factory for apple.

Apple Will Move Mac Production to the US in 2013

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!