Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes
    I think am CRAZY well that want my family and friends tell me anyway :D

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    For what its worth I work in IT and get called a tech geek/nerd...
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    According to Lak611's test:

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
    Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 13% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
    A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
    You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    I've never read a book in my life, but I've never failed an academic test either.

I love gadgets and smartphones, but also enjoy partying and going out drinking w/ friends. I like all sports and will watch all.

I'm no where near shy (anymore... I'm told when I was a kid, I was extremely shy. lol).

I'm a flirt. My circle of "friends" is very small. Used to be a lot large circle of friends.

So I guess I'd call myself a nerd.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I think I morph into different things depending on what environment I'm in.

On the internet I'm a total geek.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I don't know how many folks have seen the TV show The IT Crowd. It's one of my favorites.

Here's another quiz. who are you, Moss, Roy or Jen? THE IT CROWD | Quizfarm.com

My result: You Scored as Royyou are Roy!!! you're an I.T geek. you work in the basement at Reynholm Industries + the people upstairs have no idea who you are although you long to be accepted by them. you know more about women + interacting with people than your best friend Moss does though. you live on junk food and appear to be eating most of the time. you read a lot of comics + wear computer related t-shirts that probably only other I.T men would understand. "hello I.T, have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Roy
    80%
    Moss
    30%
    Jen
    0%

35% Nerd, 30% Geek, 17% Dork

30% Nerd
    60% Geek
    10% Dork

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I don't know how many folks have seen the TV show The IT Crowd. It's one of my favorites.

Here's another quiz. who are you, Moss, Roy or Jen? THE IT CROWD | Quizfarm.com

My result: You Scored as Royyou are Roy!!! you're an I.T geek. you work in the basement at Reynholm Industries + the people upstairs have no idea who you are although you long to be accepted by them. you know more about women + interacting with people than your best friend Moss does though. you live on junk food and appear to be eating most of the time. you read a lot of comics + wear computer related t-shirts that probably only other I.T men would understand. "hello I.T, have you tried turning it off and on again?"
    lol where do you find all these quizzes?

I don't watch the IT Crowd, but took the quiz any way. I am Moss apparently. 80% Moss 40% Roy 30% Jen

I might see if I can catch this show sometime, seems interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    lol where do you find all these quizzes?

I don't watch the IT Crowd, but took the quiz any way. I am Moss apparently. 80% Moss 40% Roy 30% Jen

I might see if I can catch this show sometime, seems interesting
    I just Googled and found the quiz.

I found out about "The IT Crowd" from a friend and watched it on Netflix.
    Thanked by:
    gedzum 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I work in IT as network administrator and say I'm a geek when people ask what I do. Friend turned me on to the IT Crowd and love it. Definitely a Roy. Also scored modern, cool nerd on other test.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I just Googled and found the quiz.

I found out about "The IT Crowd" from a friend and watched it on Netflix.
    Right. I'm currently checking it out on Netflix also and I'm really enjoying it. Really funny, it's been a while since I laughed quite so much watching a comedy tv series. Moss is fantastic and he's scared of spiders. I was wondering why that was on the quiz. So yeah, that's like me

Thanks for bringing this show up, I was looking for something new to watch on Netflix.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    The episode where they go to the theater is my favorite. I couldn't stop laughing.
    gedzum likes this.

Yes I watched that episode yesterday, so hilarious the way events unfolded for the worse each time after they went toilet.

I liked the one where there was that fire in the office, Moss and Roy tired to hide it behind that screen, and Denholm thought it was a screensaver. So funny how convinced he was about it too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    Right. I'm currently checking it out on Netflix also and I'm really enjoying it. Really funny, it's been a while since I laughed quite so much watching a comedy tv series. Moss is fantastic and he's scared of spiders. I was wondering why that was on the quiz. So yeah, that's like me

Thanks for bringing this show up, I was looking for something new to watch on Netflix.
    I'm glad you like it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123