Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Through research I have determined that Windows Phone is 7.5 whereas iOS is only 5.0 and Android is only 4.0. (Actually most Android is only 2.3)

Therefore Windows Phone is 2.5 better than iOS and at least 3.5 better than Android!

Also Live Tiles.

Discuss.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I.n.t.e.g.r.a.t.i.o.n.

The way Apple introduced Apps to Windows Mobile smartphones and ruined them, Windows Phone has introduced integration to iOS and Android and time will tell how it doesn't only ruin them, but also force them to copy it (that's what they do the best anyway).

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    iOS is dated and android is garbage.

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    iOS is what it is, has been, and will be. The same.

Android is good and I like it but it has become a clusterf*ck and it will only get worse.

WP seems to have a good balance from both worlds. I'll stay with it.
    Thanked by:
    falconeight#IM and Joe Hupp like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Uh this was meant to me a joke. I guess my sense of humor isn't a clever as I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Uh this was meant to me a joke. I guess my sense of humor isn't a clever as I thought.
    I thought it was funny.
    Thanked by:
    willied likes this.

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    Oh we did get that ;)

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    iOS is dated and android is garbage.
    That is just stupid. You're talking about the 2 platform that utterly dominate the smartphone sales and profits.
    Premium1 likes this.

Through research I have determined that Windows Phone is 7.5 whereas iOS is only 5.0 and Android is only 4.0. (Actually most Android is only 2.3)

Therefore Windows Phone is 2.5 better than iOS and at least 3.5 better than Android
    Ahhhh, but if it were a game of golf, Android would be the Tiger Woods of the world (before his little "incident" of course lol).

WP would be well behind :P

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    That is just stupid. You're talking about the 2 platform that utterly dominate the smartphone sales and profits.
    The market is new. Look what happened to the car market once it grew. I stand by my comment android is fragmented, buggy, crashing, garbage. iOS works good but its dated. Android now has quad core phones than feel or act no different than lesser phones. Some apps work and some don't it all depends on what version of android you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Just cuz something sells doesn't mean it's good. Just look at the music industry. People don't buy what's good, they buy what's "cool".
    willied likes this.

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Just cuz something sells doesn't mean it's good. Just look at the music industry. People don't buy what's good, they buy what's "cool".
    This is always the example I use. For some reason terrible music sells, and so does Android.

It wasn't lost on everyone, mate--bravo, sir.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLFC View Post
    Ahhhh, but if it were a game of golf, Android would be the Tiger Woods of the world (before his little "incident" of course lol).

WP would be well behind :P
    WP would be the caddie? ;)

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

To OP, WP is actually only v 0.5 cause 7 is carries from WP7. But, hey even at .5 they got iOS and Android by the balls ;)

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    You know as much as I prefer WP UI, iOS is beautiful too. Also remember that features like swiping the homescreen to unlock and showing notifications on the homescreen were done by Android first. WP would not be possible without iOS/Android paving the way.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Is not. It has the potential to be but it's not.

Microsoft silence is driving me crazy, I enjoy using my phone day by day but when my contract runs out I just don't know what to do.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Actually, webOS originally brought gestures and world class notifications long before Android was even someone's bad idea.

Global Posts
    3,387 Global Posts
    I think iOS and android are both awesome platforms. At the end of the day it is a matter of preference as all 3 platforms are very capable. Its all about which one works best for you. Currently WP7.5 is my favorite, however that may change as each platform continues to mature. It is better for us end users to have such competition in the market as each company tries to earn the one up.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
    Actually, webOS originally brought gestures and world class notifications long before Android was even someone's bad idea.

I like webOS better than Android OS, but the first Android OS devices were released in 2008 while the first webOS devices were released in 2009.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yeah, but you forgot about Blackberry 7 OS and how RIM is going to leap in front of Microsoft when they release Blackberry 10 OS! Shame on you for forgetting Blackberry!!!

For some unknown reason I feel like finding a DeLorean, driving it at 88 MPH, punching in 1994 on its special circuits, and playing with an Atari Jaguar. Do the math on that one.

:D
    Last edited by CHIP72; 04-22-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Banned

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Stop bypassing the word filter. The F word is filtered out for a reason.

Personally Android has better app integration in that it has the APIs for apps to more easily tie into more places than WP7 does.

I'm may move back to Android when my contract is running out, especially if Google drive is decently integrated into their other services.

I'm really leaning towards the iPhone cause no other phone manufacturer can produce a camera as good as Apple's smartphone.

Global Posts
    3,387 Global Posts
    I have both ICS and webos on my HP Touchpad and agree with @CHIP72 Webos is fantastic! They really got it right! I hope to see some open sourced webos handsets on the market in the future. My only beef with webos is that it never really felt optimized for the hardware it was released on. Even on my touchpad ICS is night and day faster and more responsive but lacks the polish that Palm and HP introduced.

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N8ter View Post

I'm really leaning towards the iPhone cause no other phone manufacturer can produce a camera as good as Apple's smartphone.
    Is it still better than the Titan II's camera?

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    True, but they didn't intro the types of gestures and notifications that Android fans try to take credit for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast