Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

i was going to create a topic about it :d
    Downloading right now w00t :happy:
    Last edited by torchxit; 03-01-2012 at 12:14 AM.

I'm not sure how long this has been available for download, but thought I'd post it if anyone didn't know about it:

Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats

Currently downloading...

:)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Thanked by:
  4.    #4  

Is it hard to set up? I have an acer one netbook.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Is it hard to set up? I have an acer one netbook.
    Download ISO
    Burn ISO to disc
    Create separate partition
    Install using disc on new partition

However, I'm not sure how well it's going to run on a netbook.
  7.    #7  

Thanks. This is an 11.6 inch version and has the required res (1366/768), worth a try. Never done this, appreciate the instructions.

Global Posts
    2,341 Global Posts
    Hope to see some feedback, stuck at work for another few hours before I head home to download it myself.

My first install attempt failed. No error code. Second attempt is underway...

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,341 Global Posts
    A warning, dont use this on the pc you connect your phone to, read that MS has done the typical thing and not included anyway to manage a WP device and Zune wont work either.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Thanks. This is an 11.6 inch version and has the required res (1366/768), worth a try. Never done this, appreciate the instructions.
    Just came across this on the Verge.

How to install the Windows 8 Consumer Preview | The Verge
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    A warning, dont use this on the pc you connect your phone to, read that MS has done the typical thing and not included anyway to manage a WP device and Zune wont work either.
    If you do the advanced install and partition your drive, it doesn't really matter. It's a shame the music service isn't available at the moment, but so far so good. I'm loving IE 10. Yes, I didn't think I'd be saying I love Internet Explorer again!!!

:)

Installing it in my Samsung Series 7 slate as we speak. I've been using the developer preview for a while now. Looking forward to some real apps and the opening of the app store.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,341 Global Posts
    So far on my Acer with W8 I feel just like I do with my WP7. Was up till late yesterday and late for work today just playing with it, and added my music folder on my WHS to the music library and playing back using the music player is really cool. Even get the WP-style transport buttons when you hit your volume button.
  16.    #16  
    So the Taskbar can be docked at the very top of the screen. Never tried living life like that. I'm gonna test it out for a while to see if I like it.
  17.    #17  
  18.    #18  

I (foolishly?) decided to install it over my Windows 7 partition on my Studio XPS 1640. I haven't had much trouble with it. I'm not sure if it is because it is a laptop or that I'm just used to it, but I have ended up using the desktop about 90% of the time. I had trouble with Bluetooth for a while, but I downloaded some software from Dell's website and everything is working fine now.

The only thing I'd change would be adding the ability to have 50/50 on metro apps and 80/20 on desktop apps. I've tried to run a metro app and a desktop app side by side and it isn't possible.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    added my music folder on my WHS to the music library and playing back using the music player is really cool.
    How did you get this to work? I have all of my music added to the Music library, but nothing shows up in the Music app.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    The Start screen arrow must DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    I (foolishly?) decided to install it over my Windows 7 partition on my Studio XPS 1640. I haven't had much trouble with it. I'm not sure if it is because it is a laptop or that I'm just used to it, but I have ended up using the desktop about 90% of the time. I had trouble with Bluetooth for a while, but I downloaded some software from Dell's website and everything is working fine now.

The only thing I'd change would be adding the ability to have 50/50 on metro apps and 80/20 on desktop apps. I've tried to run a metro app and a desktop app side by side and it isn't possible.
    it is possible to run metro apps and desktop apps side by side if you have resolution of 1366x768 or higher

----

so far i love it its different than windows 7 and don't think its windows 7 os its completely different
    most of my time on metro side and little time on desktop side just for browsing since ie metro act weird and a lot of time i got white screen and i cant press enter and the embedded youtube links doesn't work
    i will post screenshot later

Quote Originally Posted by torchxit View Post
    it is possible to run metro apps and desktop apps side by side if you have resolution of 1366x768 or higher

----

so far i love it its different than windows 7 and don't think its windows 7 os its completely different
    most of my time on metro side and little time on desktop side just for browsing since ie metro act weird and a lot of time i got white screen and i cant press enter and the embedded youtube links doesn't work
    i will post screenshot later
    My computer has 1920x1080, but the best I can do is have a tiny version of the metro app available, which isn't useful in many apps.

my desktop:D

Quote Originally Posted by torchxit View Post
    How did you title the sections? That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    How did you title the sections? That's pretty cool.
    on bottom right corner there an icon for zoom press it it will zoom out your screen
    right click on any group you want to name
    app bar will show up with icon that says " name group " click it and write the name you want for the group
    done x
    Last edited by torchxit; 03-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast