Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By palandri

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    a discussion of horsepower versus torque or maybe Canon versus Nikon DSLRs?

;)

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I used to have a Canon Rebel, I loved it to death =). Don't know much about Nikon but Canon sounds cooler.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Meh, Sony Alpha for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I don't know man, Canon sounds like Cannon and that means a powerful shot. Nikon sounds like the name of a japanese tourist that barely knows how to take pictures. And Sony is just a bad Samsung anyway.
    joemd60 likes this.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    horsepower = torque X rpm / 5252

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    canon and tq for me.

Nikon and horsepower for me.

I like the way their dSLRs fit my hands (have a D70s and a D1H) and how the focus is on creating great images, rather than "what settings should I use" which seems to be more of a Canon thing (an engineer's approach to photography - full disclosure: I am an engineer).

And horsepower because torque is just force. Horsepower is work done over time. If you have horsepower, you can always derive torque using gearing. If you have just torque, you may actually have zero horsepower. And you certainly can't create it using gearing.

That said, I prefer V8s (and have two) to smaller engines. So liking horsepower has nothing to do with RPMs. After all, lots of horsepower at low rpm means - you guessed it - lots of torque.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    I watch NASA TV every once and a while and when an astronaut is taking a picture there are always two camera names I always here, Hasselblad and Nikon.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    joemd60 likes this.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    Nikon and horsepower for me.

I like the way their dSLRs fit my hands (have a D70s and a D1H) and how the focus is on creating great images, rather than "what settings should I use" which seems to be more of a Canon thing (an engineer's approach to photography - full disclosure: I am an engineer).

And horsepower because torque is just force. Horsepower is work done over time. If you have horsepower, you can always derive torque using gearing. If you have just torque, you may actually have zero horsepower. And you certainly can't create it using gearing.

That said, I prefer V8s (and have two) to smaller engines. So liking horsepower has nothing to do with RPMs. After all, lots of horsepower at low rpm means - you guessed it - lots of torque.
    There is someone that gets it right there!

Loving my twin turbo v8--450 ft lbs of torque almost everywhere is pretty amazing.

Nikon glass is better. :P

Well you beat me. I only have 395lb-ft, though N/A.

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express