Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i have ZERO Google service..... and never will! ever...

google+ = BIGGEST FAIL in social network history.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    Youtube requiring a Gmail account to login really ticked me off. I didn't want to associate my main email with my Youtube account so I made a new one for Youtube and I never check it. And the deal where if you login to Gmail it logs you into Youtube automatically with the same username. Though I think I sort of fixed that by turning on multiple logins. I wish I could avoid using Google's services but it's too hard.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts

Lies and deception in the ad industry?!! I'm shocked, SHOCKED!
    Lol.

I have said it before Google and Apple are the new bad boys in town. It is almost like they learned nothing from Microsofts experience. the arrogance at times is astounding.

Here's another reason to dislike Google.

Google, what were you thinking? ← Mocality Kenya

Funny how it never got into mainstream media... But... If you own a company which controls information... I guess you can control which information gets passed along to alot of people.

Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (YAY!!)
    Future Phone:
    Previous Phones: Lumia 800, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Hero, Iphone 3GS
    Carrier: 3 Sweden
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    Youtube requiring a Gmail account to login really ticked me off. I didn't want to associate my main email with my Youtube account so I made a new one for Youtube and I never check it. And the deal where if you login to Gmail it logs you into Youtube automatically with the same username. Though I think I sort of fixed that by turning on multiple logins. I wish I could avoid using Google's services but it's too hard.
    ihave a youtube account with the SAME live.ca account i use on my XBL account.

and with my Live.ca account im currently sharing filles on: google notes ; with my buddy,

i dont think u need a G-mail....... on my WP i can asses all google stuff with my Live.ca account .. lol
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

8. lumic
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    I know Google scans your gmail for keywords to target ads and hotmail doesn't. (There's a funny MS spoof of this on Youtube). I don't know the difference in data collection practices between Google search and Bing search.
    Does Bing track users who are not logged in through a cookie? That's a big one for me.

Global Posts
    2,138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lumic View Post
    Does Bing track users who are not logged in through a cookie? That's a big one for me.
    Yes, because even if I am not logged into my Live account Bing keeps track of my "rewards" due to my searches using Bing.
    Lumia 620
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12