Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Live from D9: Microsoft's Steven Sinofsky talks Windows and more -- Engadget

I for one am excited. They will show a bit more at Computex this evening.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Oh man that's just lovely.

Windows 8 and Its Touchy New Interface

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Yah its looking nice. This is just a small peak, and I'm sure there is much more to come.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    The people *****ing about Microsoft in the comments are cracking me up. It's like a time warp to ten years ago. I'm sorry, but Windows 7, Windows Phone, Microsoft Security Essentials, Zune.... Microsoft has turned it around IMHO. All the complaining is pretty cliche/kneejerk.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    They will come around. Its hard to let go of their strange need to feel 'hip' and declare anything MS as horrible. There is no denying their work the last 5 years, and the new mobile designs are outstanding. Slowly these people will swallow their pride and take an honest step back and say, you know what? This stuff is actually pretty sweet.

Global Posts
    3,458 Global Posts
    Man. That would be a nice side piece to my Focus. Consider me.sold. Zune, 360, Wp7, and now Windows8. MS is really on a roll.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    wow check this one out (10mins long). Worth watching the whole thing. Much better video than the official one released.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Needs more time with it... The videos I'm seeing are all chopped up and leave me wondering how regular (non-touch) desktops are going to fair with this UI. You can see the "old" Windows 7 taskbar in some pics and videos, but how do you get to that view? I'm worried and excited.

Very much agree with the comment on the video dtboos posted:
    wowowowow microsoft let us understand that iPad is really a GIANT IPOD TOUCH...this is a tablet

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade876 View Post
    Needs more time with it... The videos I'm seeing are all chopped up and leave me wondering how regular (non-touch) desktops are going to fair with this UI. You can see the "old" Windows 7 taskbar in some pics and videos, but how do you get to that view? I'm worried and excited.
    Here's the real thing (not filmed from somebody's shaky phone or handheld camera) Gives you much more information ect. Worth watching.

32mins long
    Neowin.net - Microsoft unveils Windows 8 to world, video hits the web
    Thanked by: