Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I called four Verizon stores today and they all admit the device exist! so that's a good start. I asked them about the device and they said they didn't get a shipment for the device today and that I should go live to order and get it shipped to you tonight. They told me to call back Thursday to see if they go their shipment in. One store even said they had the accessories in today but couldn't sell them until they had the device for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechyMexican View Post
    I called four Verizon stores today and they all admit the device exist! so that's a good start. I asked them about the device and they said they didn't get a shipment for the device today and that I should go live to order and get it shipped to you tonight. They told me to call back Thursday to see if they go their shipment in. One store even said they had the accessories in today but couldn't sell them until they had the device for sale.
    What exactly do you mean.. they will be available starting tomorrow? What proof do you have?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I actually don't have "legitimate" proof. I just called around my area. You can call your local Verizon store and see what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechyMexican View Post
    I actually don't have "legitimate" proof. I just called around my area. You can call your local Verizon store and see what they say.
    by live, you mean online?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    yes :] we will find out in the next few hours. I really wish it's available in store soon
    I hope you're right, because some rumors add up to tomorrow, the 5th.. and many say before WCS

Envious of you guys. You getting the ultimate Windows Phone imo

I hope theres an international version coming otherwise its an even longer wait for the rest of us.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM 77 View Post
    Envious of you guys. You getting the ultimate Windows Phone imo

I hope theres an international version coming otherwise its an even longer wait for the rest of us.
    Dont be envious, this thing has been delayed and has fallen behind the newer tech.. verizon keeps screwing us over.

The Lumia Icon/929 has everything I want in a Windows Phone

5.0 inch HD screen
    Super game performance (Quad core and GPU)
    Pureview Camera

The new tech you talk about is what exactly?????

Whatever it is I dont feel that it will have the same impact for me as the three listed above.
    HD is all I need in a screen for mobile. All this 2K 4K stuff if that is what you refer to is a bit overboard unless it uses less power which somehow I doubt.
    Premium1 and TechAbstract like this.

Nothing on their website as of Wednesday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    felickz likes this.

So far nothing :(

I am so torn, I might keep my note 3 for a year or get the 929... I just dunno!

Maybe I will get both.. who knows.

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    More rumor.....Till it's up and you can buy it, I wont believe any of it...

I just got off the phone with a Verizon representative here in Houston, Tx and they said no such device is in shipment and they could not give me an ETA.

W o l f...w o l f....w o l f....
    Dadstar0410 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by radmanvr View Post
    I just got off the phone with a Verizon representative here in Houston, Tx and they said no such device is in shipment and they could not give me an ETA.
    Same in Portland Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by invertme View Post
    Same in Portland Maine
    Hey, OP. If you haven't figured it out by now, this thread is dumb.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indistinguishable View Post
    Hey, OP. If you haven't figured it out by now, this thread is dumb.
    Well, if you check at midnight EST and the ICON is NOT live on Verizon's site then I would officially call this thread dumb (a waste of server space). If it does show up, then it was right on but, still a little dumb....but, not fully....

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Dum, dum-dum-dum dummmm!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Developer

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just called my store in my town. "It should be in stock pretty soon, but we don't have any right now." I asked about the Nokia Lumia Icon, so he definitely knew what I was talking about!
    Current Devices:
    Surface RT Tablet (Windows 8 RT)
    Nokia Lumia 925 (Windows Phone 8)
    HTC 8X (Windows Phone 8)
    Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8)
    HTC One (Android 4.3)
    iPhone 4 (iOS 7)

Development:
    Notetastic (Windows Phone): http://ow.ly/ttuNJ

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    I said this in another thread, I'm thinking announcement sometime today, preorders tomorrow, and release on the 13th.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Developer

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just called another store. He told me to call back next week, as he's heard some rumors internally that they'll have it very soon.

Edit: A third store just told me they have to put an order in for it. That means it's available for them to order now.
    Current Devices:
    HTC 8X (Windows Phone 8)
    HTC One (Android 4.3)
    iPhone 4 (iOS 7)

Development:

Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    I just called my store in my town. "It should be in stock pretty soon, but we don't have any right now." I asked about the Nokia Lumia Icon, so he definitely knew what I was talking about!
    Interesting.... cause you are in MD and the other dude was in Maine and I would thing yall are close right? but he said his Verizon doesn't have it. I was thinking the shipment might have it the North East of United States first like New York, Massachusetts etc.
    Developer

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by radmanvr View Post
    Interesting.... cause you are in MD and the other dude was in Maine and I would thing yall are close right? but he said his Verizon doesn't have it. I was thinking the shipment might have it the North East of United States first like New York, Massachusetts etc.
    It doesn't affect me in the slightest since I have AT&T, but perhaps since I'm in the Washington D.C / Baltimore metro area that might mean my area is getting stock.
    Current Devices:
    HTC 8X (Windows Phone 8)
    HTC One (Android 4.3)
    iPhone 4 (iOS 7)

Development:

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    for those of you saying it, yes, posting this thread was kinda dumb. There are some people saying that you can place an order in store. I called my local stores and they all said you couldn't yet and that the release date is really soon
    I called three stores:

Store 1) "We have cases, but nothing in the system yet. Hopefully next week"
    Store 2) "You're asking about the Nokia Lumia Ipad? The Lumia Ipad? Oh, Icon? Let me see. Nope."
    Store 3) "Uh, I just checked with someone, and the Icon is only going to be an AT&T phone".

So yeah. That was awesome.
    tgp, jpling and slowburnaz like this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast