Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes
  1.    #1  
    Rumored specs for Verizon's Nokia Lumia 929: +4.8 inches, 1080p resolution, Snapdragon 800 processor, 20mp camera, launching in white and black, GDR3, (more to be added later.)

Windows Phone Central Articles: http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia...erizon-phablet
    http://www.wpcentral.com/rear-press-...umia-929-leaks

Who's getting it? Who already has it? Anyone have additional information?
    Last edited by Rohanj; 09-22-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added more information
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanked by:

Who already has it? The phone hasn't even been announced.

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    I'm getting this as soon as its available. I was planning on getting the 1520, but with this being a little smaller it is going to be perfect.

Also where's tcman. Been? I'm sure he could shed some light on the subject
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDizzle33 View Post
    Who already has it? The phone hasn't even been announced.
    Whoever leaked the picture of this white NL929 either has it or has access to it. Nokia Lumia 929 render leaks, matches earlier photo for Verizon
    Not to mention the fact that numerous pictures of the 1520 have already been leaked by people who have it. That also has not been announced and is rumored to release on AT&T around the same time that the NL929 is on VZW.

Quote Originally Posted by maevinj View Post
    I'm getting this as soon as its available. I was planning on getting the 1520, but with this being a little smaller it is going to be perfect.

Also where's tcman. Been? I'm sure he could shed some light on the subject
    Tc has shed some light in comments on WPC articles. You can fish through them if you want. What he's told us is that 1.) the NL929 will be released on VZW in October/November. 2.) It'll be less than 5 inches.

Hopefully he'll tell us more soon.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    Thanks. I must have missed his comments.
    Too bad this isn't coming in red like the 2520. I cannot wait for this phone!

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    It's quite surprising that the Verizon model will be so different to the global big seller. As it will be size wise totally different to Lumia 1520, I wonder how horrible will the accessory support be from Nokia and 3rd parties.

It's incredibly boring looking, but I'll probably get it anyway!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    snowmutt likes this.

im interested in seeing what size battery they put in here if it a noticeable improvement over the 928 i will get it depending on the price
    ghostest likes this.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    920 has been the first smartphone I have had in a long time that hasn't felt like it has slowed down over time. Bought it day one and it still performs like a champ. I would have to see major speed improvements and several major exclusive features to jump from it. That said, this will probably be the first WP for a lot of WP virgins.
    Usman Mubashir likes this.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Please make this phone between 5.3 inches to 6 inches, Verizon.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Two Verizon logos? One is already too much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psudotechzealot View Post
    Please make this phone between 5.3 inches to 6 inches, Verizon.
    Why are you asking Verizon for it? Nokia makes the phone, not Verizon. Verizon can ask for some features but in the end Is Nokia deciding what and what not they include.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/929.jpg

It's incredibly boring looking, but I'll probably get it anyway!
    I don't think it's that boring looking. It looks like a slightly more rounded form of the 928. And just a reminder, the 928 looked pretty boring in the release pictures, but by most accounts, was absolutely stunning in person. So consider the fact that these press pictures typically don't do justice to the true device.

Another thing that I've been thinking about is the white leak. The white in that picture does not look very glossy. Is it possible that it's a matte white? That would be a first for Nokia Lumia's as far as I know...

nl929_verizon.png

Also, check out the difference in the color of the Verizon logos from white 928 to the white 929. The white 929 has a much more faded grey colored logo, as would be typical for a matte material as opposed to glossy. Here's the white 928 for reference.

nokia-lumia-928.jpg

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanj View Post
    Whoever leaked the picture of this white NL929 either has it or has access to it. Nokia Lumia 929 render leaks, matches earlier photo for Verizon
    Not to mention the fact that numerous pictures of the 1520 have already been leaked by people who have it. That also has not been announced and is rumored to release on AT&T around the same time that the NL929 is on VZW.

Tc has shed some light in comments on WPC articles. You can fish through them if you want. What he's told us is that 1.) the NL929 will be released on VZW in October/November. 2.) It'll be less than 5 inches.

Hopefully he'll tell us more soon.
    Having access is different than having something.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDizzle33 View Post
    Having access is different than having something.
    1.) I guarantee you that there are people out there who are testing and are currently in possession of this phone. They likely will not post - but they're there.
    2.) This thread will be up even after the phone is released.
    3.) Get over it.

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poiman View Post
    Two Verizon logos? One is already too much!!!

Why are you asking Verizon for it? Nokia makes the phone, not Verizon. Verizon can ask for some features but in the end Is Nokia deciding what and what not they include.
    that's not really true for the American carriers. Apple pulled it off (though only one carrier here for years) and Samsung has slowly gotten to a position to do so.

Nokia can offer prototypes, or Verizon can request something, but in the end VZW gets what they want.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt and psudotechzealot like this.

Global Posts
    2,794 Global Posts
    I have a 928 and really don't want a bigger phone. However, if they can squeeze a 4.8 screen into a case that is almost the same size as the 928, I would get it. It looks like in the photo, they tightened up the top and maybe even the bottom, above and below the screen.
    DavidinCT likes this.

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    A 5" WP8 would be better for me then the 6" rumored to be patrolling AT&T soon, so this has my attention. I really liked the 4.7" size of the T2, so stepping back down to 4.3" on the L900 is a little more of an adjustment then I thought it would be.

I expect a little more "conservative" styles from Verizon. They seem to be serious in putting out devices that are non-offensive.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    that's not really true for the American carriers. Apple pulled it off (though only one carrier here for years) and Samsung has slowly gotten to a position to do so.

Nokia can offer prototypes, or Verizon can request something, but in the end VZW gets what they want.
    Oh, so true.... usually to our loss. That is why the Trophy was it on Verizon for so long and Sprint has had next to nothing for WP until a month ago: Carriers put their foot down and say this is what we want. Unless you are made by Apple or have the nickname Galaxy in your name, that is what happens.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Well, if that is actually true in the US, than it has to stop! Soon!

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    A 5" WP8 would be better for me then the 6" rumored to be patrolling AT&T soon, so this has my attention. I really liked the 4.7" size of the T2, so stepping back down to 4.3" on the L900 is a little more of an adjustment then I thought it would be.

I expect a little more "conservative" styles from Verizon. They seem to be serious in putting out devices that are non-offensive.
    What about a 5.3", snowmutt? Is that good enough for you?

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts
    I don't get why they would do such an incremental release. Marginally bigger than the 928 (6" would be a more noticeable leap) and the 16mp version is a far cry from the 1020.

Well, I do know why, Verizon hates us. :P
  22.    #22  
    I don't get why they would do such an incremental release. Marginally bigger than the 928 (6" would be a more noticeable leap) and the 16mp version is a far cry from the 1020.

Well, I do know why, Verizon hates us. :P
    If it is quadcore, with a snapdragon 800, 1080p, with a larger battery, & improved camera technology, it's not an incremental upgrade. It's a huge step above the current 92x devices.

I much prefer this modest display increase to the half a foot device that's going to be out on At&t.

Thanked by:
    Tjarren likes this.

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    If it is quadcore, with a snapdragon 800, 1080p, with a larger battery, & improved camera technology, it's not an incremental upgrade. It's a huge step above the current 92x devices.

I much prefer this modest display increase to the half a foot device that's going to be out on At&t.
    Agreed. I was kind of wanting to get the 1520, but was on the fence about the size. If everything we're hearing is true about the 929, then it will be perfect!

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    I want a larger screen, but I don't want smaller icons/more clutter compared to the 920/925/928.
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

Eh, I would to have see what tangible benefits it gives. 1080p on a screen this small to me isn't going to make a difference to me. Same with more cores...it's only actively working on one app at a time. Camera will be better, but complete change in the way you view things like the 1020? Bigger battery will be taxed driving all that stuff. At least a 6" monster would be easier on my eyes.

So like I said...incremental (at least in my view, BUT remember I already have a 928! -- I would need something offering a HUGE change to make a difference).
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast