Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

When does our app credit expire? I know it's this month but on what day?
    Thanked by:

September 29th, thanks for posting this, I totally forgot about those funds expiring this month, lol. Time to go on a spending spree, YAAAY!
    Yeah, I keep reminding my wife to use hers, but she probably still has a balance of $25.00.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    How'd you guys get this?! Picked up my Lumia last week...

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Yeah, I keep reminding my wife to use hers, but she probably still has a balance of $25.00.
    I still have $40 left and I started with a $75 credit (My wife had a 928 for 1 week, I had my 928 then it was defective so they replaced it)....the problem is, I picked up all the apps that I wanted (think I have gotten 10 new games alone), Now I just gota pick up any and everything...

How to blow $40 in the Store...Hmmm....now that my MS points converted on the xbox, can I use it on my xbox ?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    How'd you guys get this?! Picked up my Lumia last week...
    When the 928 was released a $25 app credit was included as incentive. I think the offer expired sometime in June so you wouldn't qualify since you just got yours last week.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to check this? I got mine on release day, but I paid full price for mine. I thought there was a stipulation that you couldn't pay full price? (I paid full price to keep my unlimited data plan.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    I still have $40 left and I started with a $75 credit (My wife had a 928 for 1 week, I had my 928 then it was defective so they replaced it)....the problem is, I picked up all the apps that I wanted (think I have gotten 10 new games alone), Now I just gota pick up any and everything...

How to blow $40 in the Store...Hmmm....now that my MS points converted on the xbox, can I use it on my xbox ?
    I had a total of $100. I've long since used $75, and registered the other $25 for my wife on her 822 (I've had four 928s). I know you couldn't use the credits anywhere but in the Phone Store before, don't know if that's changed, though.
    - Rich

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    used my up last week, now I'm on bing rewards gift cards. I haven't spend 1 cent on apps yet.

You can now also use it on your 360 for downloads. I have about 33$ left to spend.

@jleebiker,

I also paid full retail so I could keep my unlimited data, and got the $25 app credit. You had to sign up on this page, Window Phone App Redemption. It's expired but the terms are still at the bottom of the page.

john

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have 1.53 left and I don't know what to buy to finish the app credit off. Lol.
    I bought one app that was 29.99. MRLevel3. Most people won't get any use out of it, but I used to be something of a weather geek, and a storm spotter, so it could be useful to me. If I ever join another storm spotting agency, it'd get use, and I probably wouldn't have bought it without the credits, unless I did actually join a weather spotting group. To me, the whole object of spending the "money" on apps was to support developers.
    - Rich

Trevor Halsey likes this.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_blaze View Post
    @jleebiker,

I also paid full retail so I could keep my unlimited data, and got the $25 app credit. You had to sign up on this page, Window Phone App Redemption. It's expired but the terms are still at the bottom of the page.

john
    Thanks! Called the 866 # and left a message. Hopefully I can still redeem it.

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I had a total of $100. I've long since used $75, and registered the other $25 for my wife on her 822 (I've had four 928s). I know you couldn't use the credits anywhere but in the Phone Store before, don't know if that's changed, though.
    My account showed $40 but, I had 9410 Xbox points so they converted it, so now it shows my converted xbox money AND Windows Phone credit combined now. So that is why I was wondering. I guess I'll try to talk to Microsoft to see...

Can anyone confirm 100% that they will take the expiring money first when used on the xbox ? If that is the case, I will use my $40 and just buy the season pass for GTA 5...(I was not going to get it) that comes out in a week and 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    My account showed $40 but, I had 9410 Xbox points so they converted it, so now it shows my converted xbox money AND Windows Phone credit combined now. So that is why I was wondering. I guess I'll try to talk to Microsoft to see...

Can anyone confirm 100% that they will take the expiring money first when used on the xbox ? If that is the case, I will use my $40 and just buy the season pass for GTA 5...(I was not going to get it) that comes out in a week and 1/2
    Did you ever find out the answer? it does specifically say APP credit, and cant even be used for music on the phone... My balance is close to $100 now on my microsoft account, like $65 from MS points and $35 from app credit. I just dont want to buy the season pass and then i lose the $35 on the store. Ill use it on the store if i have too, but if i don't i would like to take advantage of it.

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileVortex View Post
    Did you ever find out the answer? it does specifically say APP credit, and cant even be used for music on the phone... My balance is close to $100 now on my microsoft account, like $65 from MS points and $35 from app credit. I just dont want to buy the season pass and then i lose the $35 on the store. Ill use it on the store if i have too, but if i don't i would like to take advantage of it.
    No but, I will try to get on the chat tonight...

Interesting... I logged into my Microsoft account where it shows my credit and it says "Your Microsoft account has $0.00 USD expiring within 30 days, details listed below."

Then I see my credit (I have $40.72 from my 928 credit)...
    Account Balance Expiration
    $40.72 USD none

So, it's saying that this credit does not expire... Interesting...I have to get on a chat with Microsoft support to find out the deal on this...

I also thought that you could use these credits for Windows 8 marketplace but, Not sure how...

On the xbox, it shows my Microsoft credits (that I had on my 360) AND my Windows Phone credit all in one... so I am assuming that I could use it for the 360..

I'm seeing the same thing too showing i have nothing expiring in 30 days and even shows that the money that i have from the Lumia 928 promotion as never expiring.

I have 30.44 left from the 2 $25 codes i got for the two 928's i purchased.

ms-account.jpg

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    I'm seeing the same thing too showing i have nothing expiring in 30 days and even shows that the money that i have from the Lumia 928 promotion as never expiring.

I have 30.44 left from the 2 $25 codes i got for the two 928's i purchased.
    Interesting, I guess one of us should get on Microsoft support to see what the deal is here. If it's not going to expire, I'll hold on to it a little longer. I was trying to see if I could buy some Windows 8 apps (that MS seemed to say you could) with some of the funds but, I can not find a way to do that.

With the xbox one coming out and COD ghosts (season pass no question), I will spend some money in the Xbox marketplace but, I dont want to lose the points if they expire..

yea you cant use it on Windows 8, or even on Xbox.com. I'm assuming that is becuase they havent updated their website yet. Maybe if you are running windows 8.1 i will work on there... I haven't installed the preview so IDK. Part of me wants to let it go and see and if i lose it contact support then with my screen shot and be like WTF gimme my $30 back :P

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    yea you cant use it on Windows 8, or even on Xbox.com. I'm assuming that is becuase they havent updated their website yet. Maybe if you are running windows 8.1 i will work on there... I haven't installed the preview so IDK. Part of me wants to let it go and see and if i lose it contact support then with my screen shot and be like WTF gimme my $30 back :P
    Yea, I will do that tonight, make a screen shot.... JUST in case...

I have Windows 8.1 preview on my tablet (just Windows 8 on my desktop), I found no way on both of them to be able to use the Microsoft credit :(

Microsoft said that the cash on your accounts will be able to use on all devices...hmmm

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts
    Are we sure the $25 free app credit expires? I never actually saw that written anywhere officially by Microsoft. Does someone have a link? Because today I logged into my account at commerce.microsoft.com and saw the remaining balance of my $25 free app credit there and the expiration date explicitly states "none".

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Can I buy rt apps?

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts
    That's interesting. The terms clearly state expiration on 09.29, but in our Microsoft accounts (commerce.microsoft.com), it clearly says that they do not expire. I'd also like to hang onto my remaining balance more, but I also don't want to lose the money. Do I roll the dice and not spend the money and hope it doesn't expire, or do I play it safe and use it all up before 09.29 (even though I'd be buying a lot of games and apps that I'm not 100% excited about)?

Also, several people have said you can use the money to buy Xbox 360 or Windows 8/RT apps, but I haven't seen it show up as a method of payment in those stores. How have you done this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast