Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I've been getting a lot of calls from some random number which I don't answer. I finally blocked it through the phone, but am still getting calls.

I then blocked my girlfriends number and had her call but it also still came through, does it only block you from calling, not the other way around?

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    It'll block SMS but not phone calls. Best bet is to call VZW and complain about it.
    Also check out this thread on the subject:

SMS/Phone Filter Not Working on Amber

yes it does, doesn't work for private numbers though

There is another thread going somewhere about it not working on Verizon for any of their phones.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Block calls works on my 620.There is also an option to block witheld numbers.

No it doesn't right now, the texts are blocked but phone calls are not

You guys are on CDMA or GSM? My 928 works like a charm on GSM network (Mobifone, Vietnam)

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    There's an issue with it if your carrier is Verizon. They actually have a service that you need to purchase if you want to block more then 5 numbers. Assumption is, they(VZW) most likely is causing the filter not to work properly.
    You can pop any other SIM in it and it works fine.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    There it is Verizon again. They don't want you to have most of the update as it cuts into their services.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Someone in the other thread reported that VZW is aware of the problem and is working on it with Nokia. We'll see.
    interopbyt likes this.

Aaah, good info, thanks everyone!

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Actually I have found it works fine and I have blocked more than five numbers on a standard VZW account. The only quirk I have encountered is if I am on a call and a blocked number dials me, call waiting will beep at me but not give an option to answer or ignore.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    Actually I have found it works fine and I have blocked more than five numbers on a standard VZW account. The only quirk I have encountered is if I am on a call and a blocked number dials me, call waiting will beep at me but not give an option to answer or ignore.
    So you have put numbers in the call+SMS filter(image below) on the Lumia 928 and it is working(it's blocking SMS AND calls)? And you haven't added the numbers to block on your Verizon account?
    call-sms_filter928.jpg

Hmm, that's good! And odd at the same time, also the first I've seen someone say it's working for them. I wonder what's different?
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    1020 user. The setting is great to have, and should block incoming calls and SMS. If the caller leaves a voicemail, you will have a chance to hear it.

SMS that is blocked goes into its own inbox. It has become very invaluable.

Thanks 1020 user, but this is a specific problem related to Verizon (928/822). The messed up thing is that if you use the phone on a GSM network the feature works.

Global Posts
    2,781 Global Posts
    Works on the 520
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Again, this is ONLY FOR THE 928 AND 822

On Nokia Lumia 822, but it works completely,I'm not on Verizon, I'm on Wal-Mart's Family mobile(T-Mobile), and I'm pretty sure after they fix problem we will be the ones who can't block calls because they give non Verizon users problems.

Lumia 928 on Verizon here. I have more than 5 calls on block list - I went over 5 last night to test - and it's working.
    Haven't fully tested this on a load, but it hasn't failed me once yet.
    Also think I need to do more testing, but reporting what I've observed so far.

Are you sure you are using the app? The call+SMS blocking is an app, and separate from the Verizon blocking that they charge for (if you want more than 5)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNL822 View Post
    On Nokia Lumia 822, but it works completely,I'm not on Verizon, I'm on Wal-Mart's Family mobile(T-Mobile), and I'm pretty sure after they fix problem we will be the ones who can't block calls because they give non Verizon users problems.
    My 928 blocks calls when I put my T-Mobile SIM in, but doesn't work with Verizon. Its specific to Verizon's network, not necessarily the phone

Just did some further testing and blocked my girlfriend and others to test.
    It works when I blocked a voip phone.
    When I block another Verizon wireless number, the SMS is blocked BUT the phone call still comes thru.
    Is it because the person is on my contacts lists?

Really need more information on how exactly the app works along with a lot more testing.

Just wanted to follow up.
    Works perfectly on 920, EE, UK. So far it's blocked 98 calls and 39 messages for me.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by frankelweeze View Post
    Just did some further testing and blocked my girlfriend and others to test.
    It works when I blocked a voip phone.
    When I block another Verizon wireless number, the SMS is blocked BUT the phone call still comes thru.
    Is it because the person is on my contacts lists?

Really need more information on how exactly the app works along with a lot more testing.

Just wanted to follow up.
    My understanding is that the app does not block numbers in your contact list.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    OK lets try this again.
    This thread is mainly about the 928 on Verizon (822 on Verizon, apparently has the same issue too)

So, if you don't have a 928 on Verizon (or 822 on Verizon) please try and refrain from posting to keep this thread clean.
    We already know it works with other devices on other carriers.

Thank you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast