Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hopmedic
  • 1 Post By hopmedic

I bought my phone used off swappa in pretty much mint condition the phone worked fine when I first got it but now the earpiece went out on it which I see is a common problem with the phone.

How do I go about getting another device? Years ago when I purchased phones on eBay I was able to take them to Verizon and they swapped em out under the one year warranty. Is this still possible?

Or do I have to go directly thru Nokia now any one have any experience going thru Nokia for warranty how foes that whole process work?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    Ambassador

Did the swappa seller give you any warranty papers?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.
    Don't the verizon guys keep a record of who purchased the phone usine IMEI if the phone is on a contract?
    Am not sure how things work in USA and specially verizon.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here

Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Did the swappa seller give you any warranty papers?

no warranty papers but I wouldn't think u would need all that since the phone just came out. If I told Verizon I paid full retail for it all that shouldn't matter

QUOTE=hopmedic;2107821]Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.[/QUOTE]

that's pretty much what I was thinking or it shouldn't be a issue I wouldn't think I know I've swapped before years ago

Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    no warranty papers but I wouldn't think u would need all that since the phone just came out. If I told Verizon I paid full retail for it all that shouldn't matter

You just answered your own question...

Unless the warranty expressly says "original purchaser only" you're covered. I haven't looked it up. It shouldn't be a big deal to Verizon, IMO (I've never used warranty there, though), because it's not going to be money out of their pockets. It's going to be Nokia replacing the phone. But even bigger is that they want you to be happy as a customer of theirs, and since most people are going to associate negative service with the carrier, it just makes good business sense to me for them to do the swap.

Now I could be wrong, and they could be complete dolts about it, but I'm going to hope for you that I'm not.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    deadwrong03 likes this.

I got mine through newegg.com and had no problem getting mine replaced. I haven't gotten phones since 2008 from the retail stores. Either Costco, sams' club or WalMart, newegg.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by xrs22 View Post
    I got mine through newegg.com and had no problem getting mine replaced. I haven't gotten phones since 2008 from the retail stores. Either Costco, sams' club or WalMart, newegg.

that's weird they never asked where u got ur phones from?

Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    that's weird they never asked where u got ur phones from?

He was just giving an example :), even when I went to Nokia (as I have unbranded) for a replacement, they didn't even ask for a bill.