08-24-2013, 08:16 PM #1
- 15 Posts
I'm a flip phone -> blackberry -> android -> iphone -> windows phone convert. I can't remember back to android or earlier, but I have noticed my 928 doesn't seem to have to volume output my iphone had. Even adjusting the EQ settings doesn't get it to the level I had before. This is important to me because I have a pair of V-Moda M-100 headphones that I use quite often to listen to music.
Do any of you have any experience with line amplifiers on Windows/Nokia phones? Most of the amps that I was considering before were geared toward iphones. Would love input from anyone that's used one with their 928 as I'm probably going to have to get one to maximize the ability of my headphones.
08-24-2013, 08:58 PM #2
- 1,684 Posts
I haven't. I don't know Nokia to be that focused on sound as much as they are with the camera. Now with a set of decent earbuds, my 920 is very enjoyable but if I plug them into my car stereo input jack, the sound quality is so poor I have to stop playing it. Even playback to my bluetooth speakers sounds bad that I considered returning them to Costco. But when I paired them with my ipad mini, it is like night and day sound wise. Maybe the sound is much better with the 1020. But with the 920, not so much.
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM #4
- 46 Posts
I use ATH-M50s and a JDS Labs cMoy (the one built in the Altoids case)and it sounds great. I don't always use the amp as for casual listening since I think the phone sounds pretty good (and loud enough) without it. But the amp brings in the clarity and incredible bass support at higher volumes. I use earbuds when jogging with no problem with volume.
- By wpguy in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 4Last Post: 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM
- By my3sons23 in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2013, 07:38 AM
- By Venkata Paruchuri in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2013, 09:17 AM
- By bunkombe in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM
- By WhiteNiteLite in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 5Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:58 AM