08-11-2013, 05:12 AM #1
- 6 Posts
Hello! After I plug my Lumia 928 into my Windows 8 PC, I can't eject it via the system tray. It always says that Windows can't stop the device because a program is still using it, even if I just plugged it in two seconds ago. My PC is configured to take no action when the phone is plugged in. I've tried logging out and even rebooting the PC, but it doesn't help. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions? Is it safe to ignore the warning and just unplug the phone? Thanks in advance!
- 08-11-2013, 05:15 AM #2
Could you check your Task Manager for any apps that seem to be using the phone?
P.S. Unless you're currently not doing anything with your phone (i.e. Syncing), its fine to unplug. Aside from the stopping of charging, nothing happens, as far as I know.Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
08-11-2013, 05:23 AM #4
- 6 Posts
Thanks for your quick responses. There's nothing in Task Manager. It happens even if I just rebooted the PC. It could be that Windows Explorer itself is using it, and I've even closed that using the Alt-F4 + Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Cancel trick, but when I restart it to regain access to the system tray, the problem comes back. I'm curious whether this is a known issue with the driver or something specific to my PC.
- 09-10-2013, 06:25 PM #10
Do you have anything launching automatically when you plug your phone in? If you do close/end that app first.
You can change what launches. With the phone plugged in, go to Control Panel > AutoPlay and you should see it listed and what 'Default' action is taken.
- By Moiz Mian in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 10-12-2013, 07:49 PM
- By camptime in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 20Last Post: 09-06-2013, 03:40 AM
- By bclp09 in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 9Last Post: 08-21-2013, 11:19 PM
- By manilabeans in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 8Last Post: 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM
- By Mani Kumar2 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2013, 02:33 AM