Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tvolpe86
  1. tvolpe86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
       #1  
    Some sites I read the 920 has 2 HAACs and some say 3. I believe the 928 has 3. I see two little pin hole looking dots in the body of my new 928 (top and upper part of the back) so I would assume those are 2 of the 3 mics. Where's the 3rd? The one you speak into? Also, how many mics do the 920 and 925 have?
  2. TechAbstract's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    648 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #2  
    Lumia 92X have 3 HAAC mics. Pureview 808 also has 3 mics. Lumia 82X, 720, 620, and 52X have 2 HAAC mics.


    Favorite Apps
    : Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher (use iPad as agent), UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It
  3. broar94's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    631 Posts
    #3  
    ^^ Lumia 520/521 does NOT have any HAAC mic thats why it's priced cheaper(apart from non-CB display, missing rear flash, Dolby sound support and front facing camera)
  4. EDMmmmmmm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechAbstract View Post
    Lumia 92X have 3 HAAC mics. Pureview 808 also has 3 mics. Lumia 82X, 720, 620, and 52X have 2 HAAC mics.
    I am quite certain the 920 only has 2 microphones (top and bottom), while the 928 has 3 (top, back surface near top, front under home key)
  5. tvolpe86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
       #5  
    is under the home key where the second mic for the 920 is also? or by bottom do you mean the underside where the speakers and microusb port are located?
  6. vonchowder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #6  
    not to hijack but does anyone have a good idea on how to clean the mic holes? its possible something like dried beer may be clogging the one on the back. I've thought of pushing a pin in there but not sure if that would be a good idea.
  7. EDMmmmmmm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tvolpe86 View Post
    is under the home key where the second mic for the 920 is also? or by bottom do you mean the underside where the speakers and microusb port are located?
    For the 920 there is no mic under the home key, the main mic is on the bottom end of the phone where the speaker is ported.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonchowder View Post
    not to hijack but does anyone have a good idea on how to clean the mic holes? its possible something like dried beer may be clogging the one on the back. I've thought of pushing a pin in there but not sure if that would be a good idea.
    If you do not insert the pin far enough to hit the microphone you might be ok but it is pretty close. You could try to dislodge it and somehow vacuum the piece back out, pressing it deeper into the phone will not work because there is a mesh inside that keeps dust from getting to the microphone.
  8. tvolpe86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
       #8  
    compressed air with a finer straw?
    palaudawg likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by EDMmmmmmm View Post
    I am quite certain the 920 only has 2 microphones (top and bottom), while the 928 has 3 (top, back surface near top, front under home key)
    Nokia Lumia 920 “HAAC” Rich Recording microphones confirmed - SlashGear
    Three mics.

    Quote Originally Posted by tvolpe86 View Post
    compressed air with a finer straw?
    Compressed air might push the foreign matter in further, or cause damage. You're better off using a vacuum, though even that could cause damage if not done carefully.
    - Rich


    WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

    Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Similar Threads

  1. Light leak on the top of the screen
    By dogukan in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Use it as a smart TV!
    By Jelle Jansma in forum Windows 8
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. Help needed to translate HD Photo Viewer UI
    By brucexli in forum Developers Corner
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 01:34 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
  5. Lumia 928 Proximity Sensor
    By I am 711 in forum Nokia Lumia 928
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

B