Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigboy29

I like to listen to music at work, but apparently my headphones are quiet or something. I have to put the volume up to 20-25 to get it to my liking, my old HTC Arrive was the same way. However unlike the HTC Arrive, this phone periodically resets the volume to 19 and says that it can cause damage to my hearing, but I'm convinced that its not true. Also I use it in the car and can adjust the volume independent of the phone and prefer to adjust the car volume over the phone volume so that I never have to change it for work.

Does anyone know a way to disable this?

You normally only get warned once. That's it.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    I've only been warned once so far...

Odd I get it a minimum of once per week. Sometimes as much as once per day. There is no pattern, just all of a sudden my music becomes quieter.

I've only gotten it once, too.

No one has figured this one out? It's pretty annoying on the 925 as well.
    I get it on my 928 every so often, whether connected via my BT headphones, BT link to my car stereo, or plugged into a speaker jack for the speakers on my desk at work. I WISH we could disable it, but AFAIK it isn't possible. It is quite irritating.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    I've only been warned once.

You can thank the European Union for this:

EUROPA - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Consumers: EU acts to limit health risks from exposure to noise from personal music players

I wish I was joking but... even though it sounds like a joke, it is not. Now, Nokia has been a bit aggressive with 928 specifically where it'll reset the master volume back to 13 (too low IMO) but getting a warning is driven by this. You might never see it unless you are over what nanny state considers "too loud".
    Yeah... Problem is that I'm playing through BT devices that have their own volume setting methods, which I choose to use.
    - Rich

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Yeah... Problem is that I'm playing through BT devices that have their own volume setting methods, which I choose to use.
    I hear what you are saying. I do the same, 100% of the time, it is really annoying. Did I mention that 928 is not even on sale in Europe?

(shrug!)
    sukumargarai likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy29 View Post
    Did I mention that 928 is not even on sale in Europe?
    Yeah...... (sigh)
    - Rich

I love it when i driving on the highway listening to music and the phone reminds that my volume is up pretty high. I usually listen to it at set at 25 because the stereo is not very loud. It kind of sucks when that pops up. It seems very random but i have seen more than once for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiegod View Post
    I love it when i driving on the highway listening to music and the phone reminds that my volume is up pretty high. I usually listen to it at set at 25 because the stereo is not very loud. It kind of sucks when that pops up. It seems very random but i have seen more than once for sure.
    Happened to me last night. When bluetooth connected, my phone goes to 30 automatically (I like this feature of it knowing that it's connected, so it goes back to the last volume used while BT connected), and I control volume with the stereo. All of a sudden, I can't hear anything over the road noise. Seriously?? I'm trying to drive here, not figure out why my podcast just dropped out.
    - Rich