Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    YES!! YES!!! HOT DAMN!!! YES!!!!!

Nokia Lumia 928 available for just $49 on Verizon

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Generally, if you ordered yours within 30 days, customer care can credit the difference.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Sadly I purchased it on launch day. Which just happens to be 32 days ago. Oh well....

I just got mine on Thursday from a Verizon store. Any chance I'd be able to get the new price if I went back in? This was a corporate store not a 3rd party.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts_99 View Post
    I just got mine on Thursday from a Verizon store. Any chance I'd be able to get the new price if I went back in? This was a corporate store not a 3rd party.
    Yes, you should be fine. The 14 day guarantee would apply to you.

Thanks, didn't know if it made a difference since I got it at the store vs. online. I know there prices can be a little different sometimes.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Got mine Friday at the Verizon store, went In today to see about a credit and they told me its online only. I had the option to return the phone and buy it online at that $49.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Ahhhh... So it must still be the same price in stores. Gotta love it.

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    My price through Verizon still has an extra "9" at the end (which mind you compared to the competition is still an excellent, full cost price).

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I called in after reading this thread, last night. Got the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Evad1029 View Post
    Got mine Friday at the Verizon store, went In today to see about a credit and they told me its online only. I had the option to return the phone and buy it online at that $49.
    Call customer service, they will help you more then the jokers @ the stores.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chase1963 View Post
    I called in after reading this thread, last night. Got the credit.
    When did you originally purchase the phone?

I just called Verizon Customer Server center 1-800 # and they denied me crediting my account $50. They said because the time frame from the time I bought the phone and the time the price dropped was over their 14 day policy. I asked about it being a 30 day waiting period, that I have never been late paying my bill, I am a loyal customer, ect and they wouldn't budge. However, they did credit me the $30 data usage for my next billing cycle so I don't have to pay that. At least they were willing to help out somewhat.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wxgrl23 View Post
    I just called Verizon Customer Server center 1-800 # and they denied me crediting my account $50. They said because the time frame from the time I bought the phone and the time the price dropped was over their 14 day policy. I asked about it being a 30 day waiting period, that I have never been late paying my bill, I am a loyal customer, ect and they wouldn't budge. However, they did credit me the $30 data usage for my next billing cycle so I don't have to pay that. At least they were willing to help out somewhat.
    I only got the 30 as well. Basically giving back the upgrade fee. I think the web says the upgrade is 35 but they charged me 30 maybe due to corporate discount. Don't know.

And now that the price dropped, I am ready to purchase my 1st smartphone! Lumia 928 here I come!! (hopefully in black). This after being with the same basic phone for 4 years. Should be interesting to see how much data I use. I have no idea how to determine how much I will need or if App A uses more data than App B or how that all works.
    Rick2340 likes this.

And now that the price dropped, I am ready to purchase my 1st smartphone! Lumia 928 here I come!! (hopefully in black). This after being with the same basic phone for 4 years. Should be interesting to see how much data I use. I have no idea how to determine how much I will need or if App A uses more data than App B or how that all works.
    Just be on WiFi whenever you can and try and keep music and video streaming to a minimum while on data and you'll probably be fine. Enjoy!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Picked mine up last night. The store still had it listed at $99.99 but I informed her that it was online for $49.99. She was skeptical but went and looked and said, "Wow! That's a great price." Because I am using a business account, they gave me the instant rebate.

She said she uses the 928 for work and loves it. It's encouraging to hear that Verizon is pushing the 928 to the sales staff so that they get some hands on with the device. Life just got better!
    nufan947 likes this.

ok so dumb question- that $49.99 price is supposedly only when purchased online? Or if I nag enough they would give it to me in the store? I am not a sucker for paying higher if I can nag them to drop the price in the store. Whats the difference online or in store? It's all profits for them in the end.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ordered a 928 last night. When you do that through Verizon's website, you have the option to pick it up at a company owned store. I will pick mine up on Wednesday. I will be replacing my HTC Trophy which is still going strong, but showing some signs of age (like me).
    Dave

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    ok so dumb question- that $49.99 price is supposedly only when purchased online? Or if I nag enough they would give it to me in the store? I am not a sucker for paying higher if I can nag them to drop the price in the store. Whats the difference online or in store? It's all profits for them in the end.
    Before they knew I was on a corporate account, they said they would charge me $99.99 with a $50 mail in rebate or I could use their iPad, log in to vzw.com, order it in the store and select to pick it up at the store to get the discount immediately.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    "When did you originally purchase the phone?"

6/10

Global Posts
    1,166 Global Posts
    the $49 price is instore as well

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I ordered yesterday, should be here tomorrow (went with the elusive black one).

Should be a headache (ordered using wife's upgrade, so will have to activate, put her phone back on, then try to get it on my account).

Hey fellow WP user. I have a quick question. I'm considering a switch to the 928 (from my 920). I'm just curious, do those buttons on the side seem to be collecting dirt yet? I'm paranoid about white devices. I know you can wipe it down constantly, but eventually, dirt and oil have their way over time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast