Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Has anyone purchased a 928 recently and not had the issue with the "goopy" capacitive buttons? I'm curious if Nokia's quality team has a fix in place yet so we don't have the same issues people were having with the "first round" of devices.
    nufan947 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts
    I have mine out for repair because wireless charging was not working (sent directly to Nokia) and notied about the ugly buttons. Maybe I will get a good one back.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    I got mine on Monday evening, it does not have the issue.
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.
    Are we sure the second batch is out? The phone hasn't even been out for a month yet.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    Well, who says every phone from the first batch was carrying this defect?
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.
    No one. I was asking the original poster.

Congratulations on your new defect free phone, though!
    Last edited by Rohanj; 06-13-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    I got a replacement phone and it looks way better than the first one I got...buttons are better.
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanj View Post
    Are we sure the second batch is out? The phone hasn't even been out for a month yet.
    That's a good rephrase of my question. I'm not sure how quickly these are selling or if Nokia is through the first batch

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I swapped mine last week, Black 928, and the new one has perfect buttons. Came from Verizon warehouse

This is all really positive news so far!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mine is less than a week old and has ugly buttons. I need to get it replaced but hate starting over and redoing my start screen and stuff again :(

Bought mine on release day and I don't have the issue with the buttons.

Thanks all! Maybe I'll wait another month or so. It would be nice to snag one for an awesome price online with some confidence that I won't go down the complicated path of online returns/replacements.

I feel like an old man who complains about everything, haha....anyway, I just finished typing a letter to Nokia, Microsoft and Verizon about the 928. Hopefully it gets to someone who has a little importance.....probably not
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbyj View Post
    I got mine on Monday evening, it does not have the issue.
    Where did you bought yours? I bought 2 white versions at a local Verizon store and they both had the problem with the buttons. Bought the black version from Amazon and I'm already on my second replacement with the same issue. Hopefully the new one that's coming doesn't have any issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone buy a phone recently? I went to a Microsoft Store and every floor model has the gunky look to the buttons when back lit. To see the buttons light up in the store, simply flip the phone so the screen is facing close to the dark wood table top and hit the power button. Then flip it up so you can see the buttons light up. I'm still patiently waiting for the issue to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by wayn1ak View Post
    Anyone buy a phone recently? I went to a Microsoft Store and every floor model has the gunky look to the buttons when back lit. To see the buttons light up in the store, simply flip the phone so the screen is facing close to the dark wood table top and hit the power button. Then flip it up so you can see the buttons light up. I'm still patiently waiting for the issue to resolve.
    Is it wrong to assume those floor models are the same ones that were there at launch? That's what I'd assume, but I also have no idea...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I'm waiting patiently with ya, man. It may be good to go into the Microsoft store that you were at and tell them to get the defective phones off of the display floor and put out ones that are presentable.

Sadly, I think that the vast majority of the 928's that have been released thus far have this deffect. Let's hope Nokia has fixed their manufacturing process.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Just got a new one from Amazon on Friday. It has the issue. That said, it doesn't bother me at all.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I ordered a while 928 from NewEgg on Sunday, and their inventory is completely depleted. They said they get shipments daily, so when they get a new batch and I eventually get mine, I'll update on whether it still has the issue.

Got mine from VZW last week and it is fine.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I got mine today and it has the issue, but it is minor. Doesn't bother me so I'm going to keep it as long as nothing else is wrong.

I tweeted @nokiacareus. They are incredibly responsive by the way, I highly recommend reaching out with questions or problems.

Their response, however, indicates that this is not considered a defect and there are no plans to change anything:

928softkeytweet.jpg

I'll let you know if they respond with anything more promising.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts
    I got mine back from service, they replaced the phone with a new one, it's still got the button problem. Not as bad as my first one but, it's still there.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    got mine yesterday, they are yellowish, and the windows button, about half of it is dimmer than the other, but I don't look at my buttons, everything else is great.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast