Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

I know that the 822 was a surprisingly strong seller. I was wondering if honestabe, tc or macphisto had any insight on how the phone is doing?

Global Posts
    3,302 Global Posts
    I spoke to the rep at my local store and they are very surprised on how well the 928 is selling. She told me they sold out the first week and having a hard time keeping in stock, plus there are a lot of Apple users coming to windows. She noted that the camera and size are the two big selling points. I have several friends that used mine that are getting one as soon as their contract is up so it look like the 928 is a hit!

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just jumped ship from the iPhone5 to the 928. Loving it so far! Just need a nice case for it - paranoid about dropping it.
    Thanked by:
    jleebiker, MDak280 and Adrian Luna like this.

Global Posts
    3,302 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eth3rton View Post
    I just jumped ship from the iPhone5 to the 928. Loving it so far! Just need a nice case for it - paranoid about dropping it.
    I am also looking for a case hopefully more cases show up soon!

I was just talking to a rep the other day she was telling me the 928 and the S4 are the top selling phones on Verizon right now
    11B1P, jleebiker and MDak280 like this.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    She told me they sold out the first week and having a hard time keeping in stock,
    Maybe because there are 2-5 units per store. Just ask any rep
    ibbyj likes this.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I spoke to the rep at my local store and they are very surprised on how well the 928 is selling. She told me they sold out the first week and having a hard time keeping in stock, plus there are a lot of Apple users coming to windows. She noted that the camera and size are the two big selling points. I have several friends that used mine that are getting one as soon as their contract is up so it look like the 928 is a hit!
    Not so in Tallahassee. Went to Verizon store and rep said that he thought they had sold one. I would likely be the 2nd. Of course he didn't know anything about the phone. Just ordered mine from Amazon for $49 and can't wait to get it.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,242 Global Posts
    <cough> focus please... <cough> ;-)
    xandros9 and antsin3d like this.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    At the risk of being attacked for merely stating a fact, on bestbuy.com the Lumia 928 ranks 33rd in sales out of a total of 73 Verizon devices. It is getting slaughtered by iPhone and Android there. Is this indicative of all of Verizon sales? I don't know, so take it for whatever you want it to be. The good news, though, is that it seems to be climbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by lippidp View Post
    At the risk of being attacked for merely stating a fact, on bestbuy.com the Lumia 928 ranks 33rd in sales out of a total of 73 Verizon devices. It is getting slaughtered by iPhone and Android there. Is this indicative of all of Verizon sales? I don't know, so take it for whatever you want it to be. The good news, though, is that it seems to be climbing.
    I don't think you should be slaughtered for stating this. It doesn't really surprise me that the 928 is not on top - after all, most of America still doesn't have a clue what Windows Phone is. They see all their friends with their robotic and fruity phones, so they know that when they walk in the store. Personally, seeing it better than the top 50% makes me feel good.

It's a matter of perspective. But being in the top 50% means the glass is more than half full.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,242 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to get Amazon to report their numbers? All I can see are the relative rankings per carrier and not the actual numbers.

Global Posts
    865 Global Posts
    I read somewhere today that windows phone is account for 6.8% of vzw sales. Can't remember where.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    I read somewhere today that windows phone is account for 6.8% of vzw sales. Can't remember where.
    Close, but technically not quite the same thing. For Verizon, Windows Phone has 6.8% of the market share. Since this number is on the rise, it means that recent sales are higher than that.

You read it on the best Windows Phone website.

http://www.wpcentral.com/android-lea...growing-faster
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by lippidp View Post
    well to know how indicative it is, one would need to know how big of a percentage of vzw sales at best buy mobile accounts for total vzw sales. you aren't being attacked bc you brought up a point without being a negative troll who seems to have nothing else better to do than make condescending posts. your post was not condescending nor did it seem as though it was made to purposely stir up the emotions of others by coming across as an arrogant and rude elitest.
    I jumped ship last week from Android to the 928. From Sprint to Verizon for this phone.....Same here my wife and I are loving it. First time ever I heard my wife come to me excited that she was able to figure something out on her own without needing my help while customizing her home screen. Every day she comes to me with something new she learned...Like downloading offline music from Nokia Music instead of streaming it to waste data.

Guys, now I know not everyone pays attention to this, but if you go to a Verizon 'authorized' reseller, they are most likely NOT corporate. What does that mean? Well, most Verizon stores that you may see are not official Verizon stores and do not get corporate training. I went to pick up a 928 for a family member and accidentally went to an 'authorized' reseller. Needless to say, they were definitely NOT part of the official authorized corporate Verizon store. The guy I ended up speaking to was a total dirtbag, excuse my language. He was insistent that the reason 'we don't carry those things', he referring to Windows Phones, was because they are absolute trash and useless. I asked for some reasoning on his unfounded, ignorant opinion and he simply said they are no good, they don't have any apps, and are extremely buggy and laggy. "All around, he continued, "the few things Windows Phones do, they do 'terribly'". He also called the Lumia the "Lumina" several times. -.- While I was totally level headed about the whole thing, I could have smacked a b****. He told me that if I was 'in the business', I would understand that Windows Phones shouldn't be sold due to how poorly they operate compared to the superior Galaxy phones. One of the things that killed me was the fact that he said he hasn't sold maybe more than a half dozen of Windows Phones since he opened the store a year ago... Maybe it's because you get unfairly assaulted by this associate when you enter the store and that the phone you are looking to buy isn't carried, displayed, or discouraged from purchase. Moral of the story, go to a branch location. I went to a corporate store a couple miles further away and was greeted, shown to the Windows Phone demonstration area where the associate bragged that his favorite phones run Windows Phone and he has a personal employee edition 8x and a company 928 that he loves dearly. He also told me they were trained extensively on how to sell Windows Phones, how great they are, and to push them when possible. That and they have sold quite a few Windows Phones at the store recently. My outlook on sales is positive, if looked at in terms of Verizon corporate satellite stores and not just the 'authorized' resellers.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 

Global Posts
    31,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Please keep this thread civil and on-topic. http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    how do u know if a store is official or authorized?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeVuPlay View Post
    how do u know if a store is official or authorized?
    There is a store locator on the Verizon Wireless site. I believe they include only corporate owned stores when the search results are shown. I went to a non-corporate owned store as well and they were clueless. They were actually clueless about everything not just windows phones.

I avoid non corporate stores like the plague...not sure what purpose they serve.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    If it says "authorized xxxx" on the sign, it's not a corporate store, and they're required to have that on their sign outside.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 
    Laura Knotek and Ryano89 like this.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Ditto the last comment. If it's a building or a store in the mall, it must say, noticeably, "Authorized Reseller." If the store is a kiosk, it will have it on their signage. I tend to avoid them like the plague. The store I went to for my 822 activation (needed a SIM card) was a corporate one, and this is where I saw the sales guy giving a couple a nice run down on the Windows Phones (this was back a couple months ago when the 822 and the 8X were all that was out). Verizon should really get a better handle on the "Authorized" stores because most people don't know the difference, and the Verizon placard is large and proud, thus making customers associate the experience with Verizon. That's not good for your brand.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I went into my local store and the manager had the Lumia 928. He likes it and it may had help set the tone of the place with the WP8 phones being prominent in the store.
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I briefly worked at a Sprint "Authorized Seller" several years ago. It was nearly as awful for me as it is for the customer, you get no training, and are not authorized to help with certain problems that the customer has. Most people do not realize that you do not work directly for the carrier and it can be very frustrating for all involved. Avoid these places like the plague, unless you know exactly what you want and are willing to put up with some crap to get it.

I got mine on Memorial Day at a Microsoft store. I dealt with the assistant manager. I asked how many 928's had been sold and he said "a couple". I guess I was number 3.
    If you live near a Microsoft store, you should definitely get your phone there. The most friendly and knowledgeable people you will find. And, they give you the best deal on the phone. Best price, best trade-in prices by far, best warranty, Bing Challenge credit and extra SkyDrive storage. But, they only sell it in white, which has really grown on me over the past week.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast