Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, has anyone figured out how to turn on group messaging? I checked the message settings and nothing.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    In the messaging app just type in the names of the people you want to message or press the plus icon. Once you select someone you can just keep adding people
  3.    #3  
    I'm sorry, what I meant was I received a text from someone which was to a group of people. I originally thought it was for me only but then I started getting more messages about it but from different people. So the message I received was to multiple ppl at the same time but it didn't show it. Does this make sense?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I believe, as stated in previous posts, this is a "bug" with Verizon and Windows Phone, as other carriers do not have this limitation. The rumor is, an update sometime this summer/year will remedy this situation and you can have group messaging on Windows Phone with Verizon.
  5.    #5  
    ok cool, I didn't see that. I just upgraded from the HTC Trophy.

I dont get it..

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    This is the reason I'm seriously considering going back to my iPhone 5. This, as well as the lack of multiple volume profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    This is the reason I'm seriously considering going back to my iPhone 5. This, as well as the lack of multiple volume profiles.
    i may go back to android as well, at least with androids i could hack the phone to do whatever it is i wanted without waiting for either MS or VZ to magnanimously allow a basic feature to exist
    Thanked by:
    This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)
    Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    This is one of many reasons why I won't go to Verizon. They are seriously crippling their phones. The HTC Trophy has this but no other Windows Phone that I know of has this on Verizon. At&t and T-Mobile support it. This is also another reason why I won't ever go Android, as they do not natively have group messaging. (yes you can send it but not receive them in one thread)
    There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Verizon has already stated that a fix is on its way. Just read any of the other "group messaging" threads.
    As I stated in another thread, with all due respect the evidence is pretty shaky.
    Thanked by:
    Hopefully it will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingDarkSide View Post
    There are apps that will allow this, to replace the stock SMS/MMS app
    Yes I know but they are far from perfect. Windows Phone (when activated) and iphone messaging have it built in and it works like clockwork.
    As I stated in another thread, with all due respect the evidence is pretty shaky.
    Multiple Verizon employees telling multiple customers that a fix is on its way? I don't see what's shaky about that (then again, wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep has lied to a customer)
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Multiple Verizon employees telling multiple customers that a fix is on its way? I don't see what's shaky about that (then again, wouldn't be the first time a Verizon rep has lied to a customer)
    Precisely - or "misinformed." I'd like to see something a bit more official but I suppose we shall all see sooner or later
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    The fix is coming this summer. Verizon has said this publicly, not just random employees. I will continue to turn this feature off though, I absolutely hate the group threaded messages on my trophy!
    Can you kindly provide a link?
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu likes this.
    Precisely - or "misinformed." I'd like to see something a bit more official but I suppose we shall all see sooner or later
    The only worse than getting group messages is getting replies from group messages separately. That is why this is needed to be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    Dont have a link. As someone who has been obsessing over the 928 since the rumors started I have seen way too much information. This is an issue that has come up about fifty million times and I cant keep track of where exactly I have seen it but.... Going back to the 822 release this was an issue. I am sure that if this was an issue for me I could find it but I am in the anti-group text camp.
    Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Now that I've established you have no clear evidence of your statement - as someone who too has obsessively followed the 822 AND 928, and as someone who additionally has been following group MMS obsessively, there has NEVER been a public statement by VZW regarding this issue. The best anyone has ever been able to provide is a screencap of a support chat. Considering that support personnel routinely get simple facts wrong, I don't personally find this to be terribly reliable. In fact, the editor-in-chief of this very website confuses multiple-recepient SMS with group MMS, so I wouldn't put it past a low-level chat support to do the same. It'd be nice if you spoke less definitively about something if you have nothing with which to back it up. I'm not saying a fix isn't coming. I hope it is. But you, again, have nothing.
    Yup.
    All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
    Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."
    explosive0 likes this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Switched back to my iPhone 5. Lumia 928 is boxed up and ready to go back. I go group text with family A LOT - easily 10-20 messages daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeHolden View Post
    Yup.
    All we have is support chat, and people claiming that "someone in Verizon told me."
    Well, unless it's set in stone, people in support don't know. 99% of Verizon employees have no clue what the engineers are working on - it isn't as if some guy sitting in a support cubicle walks down the hall and says to Bob the Windows Phone Engineer or Product Manager "hey, Bob, how's that group chat coming?". Hell, we don't even know if this is a Verizon issue or a Microsoft issue. So someone in support claiming it's coming is meaningless - often they just tell you something is coming but not announced because it's an easy and vague response to pacify customers.

Until Verizon announces it then we can't say "it's coming."

There is a GroupMe app
    Quote Originally Posted by pechio View Post
    There is a GroupMe app
    GroupMe is pretty clumsly IMO - requires premeditation, which is pretty much the opposite reason why I want group MMS

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    Switched back to my iPhone 5. Lumia 928 is boxed up and ready to go back. I go group text with family A LOT - easily 10-20 messages daily.
    If I got that many group messages a day, I would change my number.. family or not. lol
    damule6666 likes this.

Is the VZ service "group MMS" limited on VZ android phones too?

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nunyazz View Post
    If I got that many group messages a day, I would change my number.. family or not. lol
    Hahaha. I still can't return it. I love it...but the group messaging is killing me. I'm torn here, guys.
    nunyazz likes this.

I hear you man, it's annoying as snot when all my iFriends start a group message and I can only respond to one of them at a time! Planning dinner is tough
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast