- 05-16-2013, 11:31 PM #4
Congratulations on being one of the first to have the 928, and I really can't recommend the Windows Phone App as an alternative to Zune.
I find that the Windows Media Player does a better job, doesn't require the .NET framework installed and doesn't crash on me.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- 05-16-2013, 11:34 PM #5
05-17-2013, 09:57 AM #8
- 22 Posts
My issue is that my Windows 7 64 bit machine doesn't load the driver for my 928, so the Windows Phone 8 tool doesn't work at all right now. I've read of several people having issues with the 920 when it came out. Haven't been able to fix it as of today, after fiddling with it all night.
- 05-17-2013, 02:53 PM #11--
Just a sample of the devices I've owned over the years.....
Nokia ATT phone
HTC Windows Mobile (?)
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro II
Nokia Lumia 822
Nokia Lumia 928
05-17-2013, 05:05 PM #13
- 30 Posts
I still use Zune with my 920 and make Playlists to sync to my phone (like I always did for WP7) for Music. Then just use the Windows Phone 8 Desktop app (not the Windows Store one) and you can sync your Zune playlists over to WP8. Its not ideal, and if you have a lot of music (I have 60K, as an active DJ) its a little painful to wait while starting up, but does get the job done.
I really do miss Wireless sync, though. We have 4 WP8s (all use to be WP7) and 1 WP7 phones in the house and I use to update playlists all the time and auto-magically sync to all the phones each night. Now they constantly bug me to plug them in and sync the new music. Growing pains...New Technology World
Smart Potato: Acces Media Center from your phone
Talk2Me: Push to Talk, WP7 Walke Talkie
05-17-2013, 05:10 PM #14
- 443 Posts
I don't know for certain, but the prevailing evidence suggests it wont happen:
1. They have not allowed it yet and people were pretty upset about it when WP8 came out. It probably takes ~zero effort to make it work
2. Not compatible with WinRT, would have to build a new program from scratch
3. There really aren't that many people who ever used it and know what is missing (Zune and WP7 were not popular, no offense). For WP to be sucessful it needs to take market share from Android and iOS, so Microsoft's target consumer is not going to miss Zune
4. Current program allows integration with iTunes, Windows Media Player and works fine in disc mode
5. If they commit to making Zune work for WP8, they will have to continue to support it, and that takes a lot more work than supporting a lightweight program like the WP8 syncing program they have now
6. Xbox Music Cloud Collection - while only for Windows 8/RT at the moment, everything is moving to the cloud which negates the need for an additional program to manage syncing
I just wouldn't count on ever seeing WP8 integration
- 05-18-2013, 10:00 AM #15
I don't see why they would go to the highly inferior WP8 syncing app. It sucks. Zune is an amazing program, and it'd only get better if they would update it. That way I can sync my Zune and phone in the same place.
05-18-2013, 10:41 AM #16
- 12 Posts
Zune still works for Windows 7 / windows phone 7. You can still download the desktop version and use it on Windows 8, but it was not built to run on that OS. Instead, the Xbox Music app is the direction that the group is going.
I can promise you that Zune will not be updated for Windows 8.
05-19-2013, 04:07 PM #17
- 2 Posts
Ok, Itunes plus Pc sync works great. Not ideal but not too big of a problem, like someone else said app crashed after install but, it fired right back up and recognized the 928. Transferred my Itunes playlist without issue. I can say that songbird does not make a playlist that the phone recognizes.
05-22-2013, 06:37 PM #20
- 102 Posts
I'm running into a lot of problems with the desktop software Windows Phone - app preview 3. I've noticed some songs under the same artist, under the same or different albums, not being synced. Xbox music on the phone also sometimes splits albums. Albums are being split with each "new" listing grouping an artist. Really annoying for compilations or soundtracks. Also have some album art not being transferred. So to say the least, Microsoft's music/media management is pretty bad.
Is there a better way to sync music or some other thing that I can try that could remedy this? Copy and pasting through file explorer or using WMP?
08-25-2013, 05:05 PM #23
- 1 Posts
I have a similar problem with the 928, except the Windows Phone app says something along the lines of "phone does not want to play nice," and suggests restarting, but that doesn't do anything either.
I tried uninstalling and then updating drivers---That didn't work.
Also tried uninstalling PC app for windows phone--Still shows up with "wont play nice"
- By dannyboyblah in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM
- By summer600 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
- By btbam91 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
- By davidt77 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 13Last Post: 06-29-2011, 01:08 AM