Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    For all of you looking to keep your unlimited this is a STEAL.
    Cell Phones from wireless carriers Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, BlackBerry
    Last edited by HeyCori; 05-16-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Fix thread title

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Oh ****, the 938, even better!

All kidding aside that is a good price.

Only showing white right now though.

crazy.... Wonder if they honor that price. I just bought one for full retail. Maybe I'll try this, and return the one I just bought if Letstalk actually sells it at $379, then I'd just have to pay the $35 restocking fee and still save about $100.

I was hoping to wait to see if anyone has any issues with bringing the 928 to T-Mo, but this you're totally right--it's a steal! Will give this another 15 minutes before purchasing it in case I change my mind XD

Just placed an order... if I can't get out of the restocking fee from returning the one I bought at Verizon retail, I'll still be ahead about $90. Question is, when will the lumia ship from Letstalk. Says the 20th. As long as it's before the 2 week return period, I'm good to go.

Now that you've made the dive, Arvy, I'm itching to do the same.... someone with a Tmo sim needs to give it a try already XDD
    zukirin likes this.

got a cancellation notice... guessing they priced it too low, and now realized it, which was my guess.

Now... if we could find a retailer that price matches that has them in stock before the price updates on letstalk.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I'm giving it a shot as well. It'd be nice to hold onto an additional upgrade just in case I want one.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I as well took the plunge, no cancellation notice yet. Thanks the tip OP

check the order status link in your email. Mine showed up as cancelled before I got the email notice. I responded asking why, but I know 99% they will say it was a pricing error.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I took the plunge and all it says is it is back ordered and expected to ship on the 20th. Thank you for financial savings OP.

Quick question: if this all goes through, can I just walk into a verizon store, as current subscriber and get a micro sim for use in this phone?

Quote Originally Posted by reversalagent View Post
    I took the plunge and all it says is it is back ordered and expected to ship on the 20th. Thank you for financial savings OP.

Quick question: if this all goes through, can I just walk into a verizon store, as current subscriber and get a micro sim for use in this phone?
    Yup. I think for free, but there may be a small charge

Lulz, I was wrong! This may still work for everyone.

I was VPNed into my work, which routes through germany. They flagged that in their system and cancelled my order. The price is likely legit!

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Anyone use this site before? Is it a legitimate business?

New order placed, now it just says "back ordered"

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I just got an update saying,

Dear x,
    We require additional information before completing your order.

Quote Originally Posted by reversalagent View Post
    I just got an update saying,

Dear x,
    We require additional information before completing your order.
    Got that as well for my new order... on hold now. Person said, "ya, Verizon wants us to verify... (then trailed off) then said, let me place you on hold

Now verifying my identity with a series of questions, such as: Which of the following streets have you lived on? Which of the following streets have you never lived on? In what state was your SSN issued?

ok, just got off the phone with them again. They told me the price online is incorrect, and that a manager is getting an updated price. You'll get an email with the new price once that is updated. THe person I talked to did not know what the new price would be, but me thinks $499+...

If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. I recommend those who placed an order and don't have a phone, begin searching elsewhere.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Were you able to cancel it while on the phone or did you just let it go through?

I cancelled it. I'd bet my left nut that the price will be $499 or higher, so I would rather cancel now than wait until later today or next week to find out... Others can take a risk, but I'm content with my purchase.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Sounds scammy to me. How would they, or Verizon, know anything about what streets you have lived on, or what state your social security number was issued?

It's a rather uncommon verification process. I've done it before when applying for a loan, from a 100% legit bank. I believe it pulls info attached to your SSN. It's uncommon, but not scammy.

Hey guys I really hope this isnt the case but it sounds like it may be. There have been a ton of device scam websites popping up with ridiculously low prices on phones/computers. They look real legit by being polished but they're complete scams. They take your money and then they contact you saying there was a problem in customs and you need to pay extra or they say they accidentally put other items in the box and you need to pay a deposit for them. All these sites have legit sounding customer service reps when you call and will give you the run around for months.

I really hope this isnt the case but generally if a deal is too good to be true, it is. If they're asking for SSN info its definitely a scam. Retailers don't need that info.

Good luck all... You may want to cancel the cards you ordered on now... and if you really gave them your SSN and place of birth etc... those are all security questions that credit sites ask so they're probably setting up fake identities with your info now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ertonimus View Post
    Hey guys I really hope this isnt the case but it sounds like it may be. There have been a ton of device scam websites popping up with ridiculously low prices on phones/computers. They look real legit by being polished but they're complete scams. They take your money and then they contact you saying there was a problem in customs and you need to pay extra or they say they accidentally put other items in the box and you need to pay a deposit for them. All these sites have legit sounding customer service reps when you call and will give you the run around for months.

I really hope this isnt the case but generally if a deal is too good to be true, it is. If they're asking for SSN info its definitely a scam. Retailers don't need that info.

Good luck all... You may want to cancel the cards you ordered on now... and if you really gave them your SSN and place of birth etc... those are all security questions that credit sites ask so they're probably setting up fake identities with your info now...
    They never asked for my SSN #.

company is legit.

Let's Talk Reviews - letstalk.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

not perfect reviews, but no need to be worried and cancel your cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ArvydasGOAT View Post
    It's a rather uncommon verification process. I've done it before when applying for a loan, from a 100% legit bank. I believe it pulls info attached to your SSN. It's uncommon, but not scammy.
    Exactly, you're giving them the info a bank or credit agency would ask if you were taking out a loan. They can take that info and take out loans, do whatever with it...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast