Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree906Likes
    There needs to be a way to upload pictures to websites other than facebook and twitter, using just the phone. And not some convoluted way of going through skydrive....
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    Oddly, while I was at the VZW store waiting to buy mine, I tried taking pics with the live demo in the store. The security device was mounted so that it was partially obscuring the camera.

/SMH
    Well, here's a picture OF my 928, taken WITH my 928!

wp_20130516_003%5B1%5D.jpg
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Stopped on the way home from picking up the phone, must say I am pretty happy with the quality of the images from this camera..little noisy in the sky but pretty much expected from such a small sensor

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/sfbul...7118.jpg.html]
    Last edited by lisainsf; 05-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    that looks like a computer background!
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    that looks like a computer background!
    Muessig says to use the 16:9 aspect ratio if one wants to use a picture as wallpaper in his photography guide.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I wanted to test the lowlight ability as the 822 was crap in this regard. I took this in a dark room with only one light on, no flash. This was on auto settings and the camera chose ISO800 F2

Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by lisainsf View Post
    I wanted to test the lowlight ability as the 822 was crap in this regard. I took this in a dark room with only one light on, no flash. This was on auto settings and the camera chose ISO800 F2

http://forums.wpcentral.com/members/...s116-34146.jpg
    Cool dog.

Please post more pictures of him/her in this thread.
    jmajid likes this.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    Cool dog.

Please post more pictures of him/her in this thread.

I have 3 so I will post a bunch :)
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quick shot with default settings.

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9E8F7...9DC9C4F2C7!216

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    night time, flash on, COMPLETELY Dark in the room, no lights, good enough for my wife to say she wants to trade her i5 for a 928 :)wp_20130516_014.jpg

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    night time, flash on, COMPLETELY Dark in the room, no lights, good enough for my wife to say she wants to trade her i5 for a 928 :)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130516_014.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	798.3 KB 
ID:	34171
    really nice!

That xenon unit looks to be more powerful than the one they used in the N8 ... well done Nokia.

Just one tip, it does take a toll on your battery...
    Residing likes this.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    a few more I took today while out...everything still looks great. The camera tends to over saturate yellow, switching to daylight on white balance helps this unless you want more punch. Skies tend to be noisy but that is a small sensor thing not a defect in the camera. I notice on wide angle shots the right side tends to be a bit soft towards the corners, again a wide angle issue not necessarily a defect in the camera. Some of my most expensive cameras and lenses exhibit this to some degree as well. This camera is exactly what I was looking for..something to snapa shot when I might be out without my camera that will have decent image quality.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    I take back what I said about sharpness, also I want to live where you live :)
    hopmedic likes this.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I take back what I said about sharpness, also I want to live where you live :)
    haha thanks..lots of farms and landscape type things around here and more big city San Francisco stuff about an hour away.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    @lisainsf - which of these did you take with the standard camera app?
    Were any taken with the likes of ProShot? (if you dont have that app, i think you would do well to buy it...you seem to have the knack for good photos!)
    Thanks for the photos you have posted :)

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    @lisainsf - which of these did you take with the standard camera app?
    Were any taken with the likes of ProShot? (if you dont have that app, i think you would do well to buy it...you seem to have the knack for good photos!)
    Thanks for the photos you have posted :)
    In the last batch taken today the top 2 are with the regular camera the second 2 are with Pro Shot. I am familiar with cameras and photography however it is a hobby of mine and why I wanted to get this phone :)

lisainsf nicely done man! The bay area is such good canvas...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lisainsf View Post
    In the last batch taken today the top 2 are with the regular camera the second 2 are with Pro Shot. I am familiar with cameras and photography however it is a hobby of mine and why I wanted to get this phone :)
    I love the way that thistle flower looks - very nice... good bokeh too :)
    We have a forum for those that dont know it dedicated to the Proshot app and photos taken with it ... the dev is very frequently in there and very responsive - which is really nice and well worth the money for the app.
    Loving the ProShot camera app.!
    All these photos and videos are great guys!

Good thing Nokia added both a xenon and a LED flash. Oh, and how is the regular flash?

Global Posts
    2,673 Global Posts
    I decided to walk outside my house to try out the camera. These have all been taken with the default settings. (do note, it is insanely sunny out today)

wp_20130517_013.jpg
    wp_20130517_008.jpg
    wp_20130517_006.jpg
    wp_20130517_011.jpg

This one was taken last night with the front facing camera. (me and my friends girlfriend)

wp_20130516_013.jpg
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

So, my first picture uploaded to WP Central! Nothing special, just a nice tree outside of my office. Default camera app; everything on auto.
    wp_20130517_001.jpg

The scene required a lot of detail to be resolved, but even then, I seem to see a lot of "fuzzy" detail. Will mess around with ProShot when I get a chance and see what I can do to make it better. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much out of a phone -- you guys let me know.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_1 View Post
    So, my first picture uploaded to WP Central! Nothing special, just a nice tree outside of my office. Default camera app; everything on auto.
    The scene required a lot of detail to be resolved, but even then, I seem to see a lot of "fuzzy" detail. Will mess around with ProShot when I get a chance and see what I can do to make it better. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much out of a phone -- you guys let me know.
    that looks really good..shooting foliage against a sky is hard for the best lenses, it generally results in what is called purple fringing which may be the fuzziness you are seeing. Since the tree is purple it is harder to see it.. I think the color and sharpness looks great though

Some damn nice shots. I cant wait to test it out myself when my black gets here next week.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast