- 09-04-2013, 01:12 PM #1
Guys, I post it here because most of us are Nokia phone users here and I own a 925.
1. Do you think we will still have Nokia exclusive Apps?
2. Will Nokia still update our phone with new apps? I am not worried with the warranty, what I am saying, is that Nokia invented new phone and software (Nokia Smart Cam, Nokia Pro cam) to improve our WPhone experience, but if Nokia is gone, will they still do this?
3. I am really worry that the WP Platform might not be as good as before it all goes to Microsoft now, and that Microsoft is not as desperate as Nokia....
4.To be honest, I love Nokia, and hence I buy their phone, I am not, (at this moment) interested in buying a Microsoft Phone.
- 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM #2
Everything will get even more refined, and maybe even integrated within the new WP release (8.1/9), and I have in my mind storage check, display options, call blocking, and so on.
IMO, everything will go better and better for us - Nokia users.
09-04-2013, 01:20 PM #4
- 2,691 Posts
It would also seem that you nokia users don't know how to use the search function when creating thread
Please use this thread for all your troubles and queries
The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)
Quite frankly its getting extremely annoying with a new nokia thread appearing every 5 minutesThanked by:
09-04-2013, 01:23 PM #6
- 273 Posts
1. Probably at some point most of nokia apps will be available for all winfows phone devices. This sgould however not impact any Lumia customer
2. Most likely although they might not be Nokia exclusive only
3. Buying Nokia for 7 billion dollars when Nokia was not having anywhere else to go shows that Microsoft cares about WP a great deal rather than the opposite.
4. The hardware will remain the same the is is the same. For final customer just the name changed so I don't see any problem.
- 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM #7
Maybe I should add a note why I am doing so.
I do absolutely know that there is a thread on that, but you know what? The Microsoft - Nokia news is too big and concern so many areas. I have read few pages on that post and it goes no where, I mean there are people talking about A, some talks about B, and so on and so forth. It's hard to centralize certain aspect of this news.
Hence the reason I post here especially I want to target Nokia users, not WM Phone users.
- 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM #8
I have some FINNS (friends from Finland) and they told me that they are not very sad about this news, the hardest time for them was when Elop was their CEO and start working with Microsoft. From that moment, the FINNS have a feeling that this day will come.
- 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM #12
Finns Mourn Loss of Icon Nokia as Microsoft Takes Over - Bloomberg
Important point is
"“Nokia is one of Finland’s main brands and it’s what I tell people abroad -- that Nokia phones are from Finland,” she said. “Now I can’t say that anymore.”" Liisa Hannula, a 26-year-old soon-to-be teacher in Helsinki, has always had a Nokia phone. Now she says she might opt for a Samsung smartphone instead.
With the lost of Nokia brand, it could be a harder sell for WP8 alone from Microsoft, and people might think all right, now that Nokia is gone, whats the point of buying the Nokia Lumia phone now? (even though the 1020 is so damn cool!)
- 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM #14
oh my god.. this is even worse!
Nokia name to go away with the Lumia line as Microsoft seeks to unify branding | Windows Phone Central
But as pointed out during the conference call yesterday, Microsoft is taking this opportunity to streamline their branding. In other words, saying ‘Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows Phone 8’ or any variation will eventually become a thing of the past. What it will be, remains to be seen but it’s clear that ‘Nokia’ won’t be used in future Lumia devices. In fact, it’s not even clear that ‘Lumia’ will be used either, though it could be phased out.
How many years does it take SOny to remove Erission from it's Sony Erission phone? How many years does it take AMD to drop the ATI brand for the Graphics card?
- 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM #15
No need to worry. MS had promised 18 months of support for WP8 devices. Now, the people in charge of all the exclusive app development and Nokia's excellent support will be in a position to influence the decisions going forward.I find your lack of faith disturbing. - Darth Vader
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM #16
- 75 Posts
its clear that some users love their lumia because of nokia brand more than it being a windows phone. But due to the financial crisis of nokia,this acquisition had to happen some day , hence most importantly lets take the positives out of it.
1. Elop is still in charge of the device section and this should be a huge motivation to the current lumia owners.
2. Also having the nokia manufacturing experts in microsoft does keep the hopes alive of continuing the legacy of nokia phones.
3. Having full control of the software and hardware areas can help in better innovations and this is something to see for in the coming days.
Sure we all are skeptical over many areas ,but l feel microsoft is gonna go all guns blazing this time to capture the smartphone segment.Lets hope for the best and it would be really interesting to see how the next phone from microsoft would look like. .
- 09-05-2013, 02:41 PM #17
- By mmar1974 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
- By ccarrascoofwgkta in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2013, 01:17 AM
- By Yohann Alberti in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 01:38 PM
- By Fade_z in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM
- By Psyk00 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2013, 02:02 PM