Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Looks like T-Mo will be starting their summer sale tomorrow the 27th for all of their phones including the 925. Knock that $50 down out of here! :)

Some phones will get a bump in monthly payments but it looks like the 925 stays at $20/ month. Glad I waited. This may get me in the store now to get one.

T-Mobile Announces "Unprecedented Deal" This Summer With Zero Dollars Down For All Devices | TmoNewsTmoNews
    Last edited by IamDefiler; 07-26-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Crap...should've waited for this sale instead to save $50 on my 925. Oh well.

This is actually a better deal for the 925 than it is for some of the other phones.

With the 925 now you pay $50 down then monthly payments of $20 to make the total $530. With this deal you pay $0 down with monthly payments still $20 to make it $480. Savings of the whole $50.

With the S4 now you pay $150 down then $20 per month making it $630. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of $30.

With the iPhone 5 now you pay $146 down then $21 per month making it $650. With this deal you pay $0 down then $27 a month making it $648. Savings of $2.

With the Xperia Z now you pay $100 down then $20 per month making it $580. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of...umm...-$20

With the HTC One now you pay $80 down then $20 per month making it $560. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of...-$40!

I guess it may be a sign of how the phones are selling, but through this offer 925 buyers will benefit at the expense of those foolish enough to the get the HTC One or Xperia Z at the "promotional rate".

Quote Originally Posted by colonelcasey322 View Post
    Crap...should've waited for this sale instead to save $50 on my 925. Oh well.
    I feel your pain. I should've learned a lesson from the 810, but I cannot control my excitement for a new device.
    bruceleer0y likes this.
    OMG!!! I'm totally going to jump all over this! This makes me so glad I didn't buy the 925 in store on Wednesday when I was there! I'm even setting up an eBay page to sell my unlocked Rogers 920 because I want a 925 that badly... Thanks for this info - it'll be sweet to grab this one for $0 down!
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blzr409 View Post
    This is actually a better deal for the 925 than it is for some of the other phones.

With the 925 now you pay $50 down then monthly payments of $20 to make the total $530. With this deal you pay $0 down with monthly payments still $20 to make it $480. Savings of the whole $50.

With the S4 now you pay $150 down then $20 per month making it $630. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of $30.

With the iPhone 5 now you pay $146 down then $21 per month making it $650. With this deal you pay $0 down then $27 a month making it $648. Savings of $2.

With the Xperia Z now you pay $100 down then $20 per month making it $580. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of...umm...-$20

With the HTC One now you pay $80 down then $20 per month making it $560. With this deal you pay $0 down then $25 a month making it $600. Savings of...-$40!

I guess it may be a sign of how the phones are selling, but through this offer 925 buyers will benefit at the expense of those foolish enough to the get the HTC One or Xperia Z at the "promotional rate".
    My thoughts exactly. It's a done deal in my mind now. I'll be at the store tomorrow.
    I just actually read through a bit of that article... I think my hopes just got deflated for getting this for at $0 down. So, this deal is only for people who sign up for the JUMP program? I'm really not interested in joining JUMP. *sigh*
    Exhibit13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    I just actually read through a bit of that article... I think my hopes just got deflated for getting this for at $0 down. So, this deal is only for people who sign up for the JUMP program? I'm really not interested in joining JUMP. *sigh*
    Well, it's an additional $10/month for protection and the option to trade in your phone after six months or twice every 12 (after the first six). Not so bad, if we hope T-Mobile gets another high-end Lumia (or black 925 32GB) in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by jgbstetson View Post
    I feel your pain. I should've learned a lesson from the 810, but I cannot control my excitement for a new device.
    Same here. I just could not take Tmobile's crap coverage with the 810 and got the 925 the day it came out even though I knew this would happen.
    I don't think you need JUMP. They're just mentioning it in the press release along with Simple Choice to highlight their new programs.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Looking at this statement:

This limited-time promotion is available starting tomorrow, July 27, 2013. In addition to the promotion, customers also can take advantage of T-Mobile’s groundbreaking upgrade program, JUMP!™, which enables them to sign up to upgrade their phones when they want, up to twice a year as soon as six months from enrollment.

The bold line reads as if it's an option, not mandatory.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Can I just cancel the jump after a month so I can get the 0 down deal?

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I hope that it is just an option, I almost got the phone yesterday good thing I didnt!

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Jump is not required for this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Yes, it can be canceled. I think it just can't be applied after buying the phone and turning it down. Or there's a time limit to apply. Can't remember.
    Hmm... I think sometime next week, I'll go back to the T-Mobile store I visited on Wednesday and see if I can grab one of these with this deal. I just hope I can sell my 920 for a reasonable price because I really can't afford to be buying $400-$500+ phones, especially 2-3 months between purchases.

Can early adopters (such as myself who paid the $50 down payment) get their money back? I am still within the 14-day return period.

Keith

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmmcdonald View Post
    Can early adopters (such as myself who paid the $50 down payment) get their money back? I am still within the 14-day return period.

Keith
    I believe you can. I think someone called and asked and T-Mo confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDefiler View Post
    I believe you can. I think someone called and asked and T-Mo confirmed.
    What do you say when you call? I heard about this new program and I want my $50 back?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelcasey322 View Post
    What do you say when you call? I heard about this new program and I want my $50 back?
    I would imagine you tell them you know about the promotion, you are within the 14 days for returning your phone and you would like the $50. If they argue, return the phone and get a new one without the $50 down. :)

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDefiler View Post
    I would imagine you tell them you know about the promotion, you are within the 14 days for returning your phone and you would like the $50. If they argue, return the phone and get a new one without the $50 down. :)
    Of course T-Mobile has a $50 restock fee for returned smartphones.

I think the best course is to call the store you bought from and ask kindly for a credit. Have your receipt handy. The folks at tmonews.com seem to think this will be a trivial account credit. You can always escalate to a manager. If the manager is uncooperative, tell him or her you'll take this up with corporate or the district manager.
    I think the best course is to call the store you bought from and ask kindly for a credit. Have your receipt handy. The folks at tmonews.com seem to think this will be a trivial account credit. You can always escalate to a manager. If the manager is uncooperative, tell him or her you'll take this up with corporate or the district manager.
    Problem with me is that I didn't buy it from anyone...I bought it online through the upgrade option in My T-Mobile. I guess I can try 611 and see where it'll take me.
    And the guy commenting in TMoNews doesn't seem to offer any proof that it's possible...just says that it's "doable". I guess I'll wait and see what other people's experiences are in the forums and comments tomorrow.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandas View Post
    Of course T-Mobile has a $50 restock fee for returned smartphones.
    Is this true if you are within the 14 day period?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast