Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By juanitoriv
  • 2 Post By trwrt
  • 1 Post By lce123

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    This phone is great, but I have easily dropped in more times in the last two weeks than my iPhone..

And its slowly getting scratched away need my case to hurry up!!
    Owned Phones: Nokia Lumia 925, iPhone 5
    Favorite OS: Windows Phone 8
    WP8 Colour: Cobalt on Dark
    Instagram: Krusty Yeti
    Photos taken with my Lumia 925: Flickr
    Friendly Photo Contest anyone?: Shootout
    Consider a case...

First, I have never held the phone. That said, I have held plenty of phones that have the slickness of butter. I find that I have to be more careful but I don't drop my phone a lot. Sounds more like carelessness to me.

I couldn't agree more!

Haven't dropped mine yet but coming from a HTC 8X (with its super-grippy soft coating) I'm having a hard time keeping the 925 "safe".

Global Posts
    750 Global Posts
    I dont feel that mine is slippery.

Maybe you are not used to the bigger screen of your Lumia compared to your iPhone?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Agreed, the rounded aluminium sides are kind of slippery in hand, it does take some getting used to.

But I would never spoil the design with a case... even official, so I guess I'll try to be extra careful !

Its like my old lil Radar with its aluminum body.. I just thought/imagined it felt like a beer can. Rarely, rarely do I drop those
    From the CO and my 8X
    phirefly likes this.
    Are the backs of all three colors of the 925 matte? I use my black matte 920 in a case, but whenever I take it off, I feel how slippery it is. Kinda scary.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Do you really mean slippery or do you mean smooth? To me slippery is like putting oil on a floor. You literally slip because there is less friction. Smooth things create less friction, but are not necessarily slippery.

hah you guys must be new to Nokia flagship. Any one remembers how it feels on a N8?

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Consider a case...

First, I have never held the phone. That said, I have held plenty of phones that have the slickness of butter. I find that I have to be more careful but I don't drop my phone a lot. Sounds more like carelessness to me.
    Is "ambassador" WP-speak for "jerk"? Geez.
    eruptflail and manwe like this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    hah you guys must be new to Nokia flagship. Any one remembers how it feels on a N8?
    You are correct. I've never owned a Nokia flagship. The 925 will be my first.

So about my question, slippery or smooth?

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Lol, ya my 920 black is super slippery too. I love the phone without a case but I've got no grip so I had to get a cheap case which helps a lot.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    @Musicman247 Ok maybe its not slippery but smooth, when trying to reach one handed to something at the top of the screen it slides its way down my hand and @Simon Tupper you correct this is the biggest phone I've had and I have noticed the effort to hold it in my hand compared to my iPhone..
    Last edited by lce123; 07-05-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: brain fart

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Agreed with OP it is smooth and easy to lose grip. Luckily I've never dropped it from high yet, just when sat down etc sp no bumps or scratches thankfully! I will be grabbing a cheapo ebay case for it tho.

Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts
    You like to hold ****?! Thats nasty
    You got it for T-mobile you should have got the tech21 impactology case in T-mobile its like the best case I have ever had for a phone and trust me I understand how slippery it is I didn't drop it but I sure as hell ran back to t-mobile to buy a case doubting that a case from the store would suck because they sold sucky cases for my previouse phone htc 8x but the new impactology cases work very very well infact I would never buy another case unless it really were better it has rubber in the case just incase for bouncing impacts and the black one matches the night mode orange of color of glances night mode and it clear makes the phone look futurisic and really matches its design and somewhat more comfortable then this slippery phone! I couldn't believe how slippery it was also the phone gets really hot in cases and the back white part is easily stained had to clean mines a bit before I bought the case I hope Nokia learns I sent them feed back in the feedback menu in settings I am ready to make a video or something cause its really bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze89 View Post
    But I would never spoil the design with a case... even official, so I guess I'll try to be extra careful !
    It may spoil the feel, but I think the Skinomi full body phone protector gives off a "rubbery" feel that makes it less slippery. I haven't use it yet, but since the price difference from the screen protector wasn't that significant, I did get their full body transparent protector. I mainly got it for the screen protector, but I may use the rest of it depending on how it looks and how much it covers.
    One of my friends has a Samsung Galaxy S3. When she did not have a case on it, I had trouble holding it, since it was so slippery. She had trouble holding it too and got a case.

I would recommend using a case if a device is too slippery.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    I came from an iPhone 5 to Lumia 925 as well. It is a little more awkward to hold than the iPhone but I find it doesn't mark/scratch as easily. A case ruins the asthetic value of phone for me so just a little care in use is preferable to a case.

I sold my Iphone 5 and picked up a 925 Friday, Could agree more about it being slick. I find that it can easily slip from hands if not careful.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    2013-07-22t15-28-58_0.jpg

Found it is much better with the charging case, and altogether looks a lot nicer
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I would definitely recommend getting a case for it. I like body glove mobile's site for all different kinds of cases. They're more affordable than the better-known cases like otterbox and lifeproof, and I also think they're better looking and more slim. And they claim to have to the same military grade protection, if you want something that doesn't look like a brick and costs at least 50 bucks

body glove mobile has no case for the 925 that I could find.
    Amazon has a few decent looking cases for the 925.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg