Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    As the title says really. I'm hoping to get the 925 and the white version is may favourite BUT I did see one review that said the white back got marked up really easily.

Anyone with one care to comment? Does it mark up? If so, can it be cleaned somehow? or should I not be too worried (seeing as how I take really good care of my electronics anyway)?

Cheers guys.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I have a 521 {white polycarb shell) and when i looked at your post I took out my phone to see if it had been damaged by my pen which I keep inside the same pocket I keep the phone (screen against my leg). When I looked I had a big streak of ink across the Nokia logo from the pen, which seems to have leaked. I applied some saliva to my thumb and wiped it clean. Not a scratch, not a blemish on the shell now. Seems pretty durable!

I've got an 820 with a white shell, had it for a couple of months now and so far, it hasn't smudged or whatever. You should be good to go

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    I have a 521 {white polycarb shell) and when i looked at your post I took out my phone to see if it had been damaged by my pen which I keep inside the same pocket I keep the phone (screen against my leg). When I looked I had a big streak of ink across the Nokia logo from the pen, which seems to have leaked. I applied some saliva to my thumb and wiped it clean. Not a scratch, not a blemish on the shell now. Seems pretty durable!
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nonnekens View Post
    I've got an 820 with a white shell, had it for a couple of months now and so far, it hasn't smudged or whatever. You should be good to go
    Thanks guys. However, I think the white polycarbonate on the 925 is matte whereas on your phones it's gloss is it not?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Matte white here.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Matte white here.
    Nice, I didn't realise the 521 had the matte finish. So it sounds like its no issue then which is cool. How do you find the 'grippiness'? I'm guessing the aluminium frame on the 925 will help regarding grip anyhow but am just curious.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    i find the matte finish on my black 925 to be rather slippery :( can be a little cumbersome holding the phone in one hand when walking, i wouldnt like to do any one hand texting while walking or it'd be on the floor. I dont have a particularly flexible thumb which might be the problem, but i have to hold/hook my 925 with my little finger underneath to make sure it doesnt go flying out of my hands, but the aluminium frame does provide some stick.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    My L920 Stormtrooper is a little stained from the pouch I keep it in. Nothing a good cleaning with denatured alcohol will not take care of however.

Tip: If you want to give your automobile exterior a really good cleaning hit it with denatured alcohol. Results are amazing. Particularly if you have a white car. It removes all of the pollution and ground-in dirt that normal washing can't touch.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...