Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

It was posted on NokiaFrance's youtube. A new commercial for the 925. It's catchy and fun.
    I tried the Bing music listener - didn't work. I tried typing in the lyrics in Bing AND Google -- Nothing..
    I tweeted them and posted on their fatchbook page a couple of hours ago, no response. HELP/ IM DYING HERE 0mg

Last edited by HM02; 07-04-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Ever heard of Shazam or Soundhound? :)

Quote Originally Posted by HaibaneReki View Post
    Ever heard of Shazam or Soundhound? :)

Tried em both. Nothing.
    gjamy.png

Quote Originally Posted by Terence_27 View Post
    Koobra feat. Joanna - Something Real
    I don't think you even listened to the one I posted
    unwilling.gif
    RushilPa and paddylaz like this.

Global Posts
    2,614 Global Posts
    That's a epic song, Nokia seems to have good music when it comes to advertisements.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black I have developed one app!

My personal YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    Look at my band's channel! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPghwXNoo65KaARZtxDJm1g
    And Soundcloud Account! https://soundcloud.com/marigoldrock

I also own a Nokia Lumia 520, HTC Mozart 7, iPod Touch 5th gen 32GB, iPod Touch 4th gen 8GB, HP Veer (AT&T) White, Microsoft Surface 2 64GB, Blackberry Playbook 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB and HP Pre3 8GB.
    ibbyj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LMZR View Post
    That's a epic song, Nokia seems to have good music when it comes to advertisements.
    Indeed. They always choose great tunes for their ads.
    Most of the time, they have the song title/ artist displaying on a live tile or something...not this time. ;[
    Banned

Hmm i sniff to see what i can get :P

Quote Originally Posted by HM02 View Post
    Tried em both. Nothing.
    ouch..

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Indeed. They always choose great tunes for their ads.
    Most of the time, they have the song title/ artist displaying on a live tile or something...not this time. ;[
    This is going to be of absolutely no help to you, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those ad jobs where they take an instrumental track and then hire an unknown for vocals. Which would explain why it's not showing up either on sound hound/shazam or even by doing google lyric searches. Hope I'm wrong for your sake though, it sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by paddylaz View Post
    This is going to be of absolutely no help to you, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those ad jobs where they take an instrumental track and then hire an unknown for vocals. Which would explain why it's not showing up either on sound hound/shazam or even by doing google lyric searches. Hope I'm wrong for your sake though, it sounds awesome!
    I think it's a real song, because when the lyrics start, it sounds like it's been edited to that point.
    Prolly just a really underground artist Nokia randomly found...idk

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I think it's a real song, because when the lyrics start, it sounds like it's been edited to that point.
    Prolly just a really underground artist Nokia randomly found...idk
    Definitely a mystery! If you find out mate let us know on here as I kinda want it now!
    Might have been made just for the advert

I'm going to kill myself if it was just for the commercial. I remember a few years ago, there was this commercial for the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon (which made me get the phone). It was a remix of an already made song, but the remix was only made specifically for that commercial and the guy that made it never released the full song.. \cries

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Bing music doesn't reocognize it. A google search of the lyrics turns up nothing as well.

Global Posts
    2,846 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Detectionable View Post
    Might have been made just for the advert
    This.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm going to kill myself if it was just for the commercial. I remember a few years ago, there was this commercial for the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon (which made me get the phone). It was a remix of an already made song, but the remix was only made specifically for that commercial and the guy that made it never released the full song.. \cries
    On an equally sad, nay, much more sad note I was gutted many years ago watching Rocky III and then buying eye of the tiger (no - I'm not embarassed) only to find it really different to the movie version (which sounds a billion times better and has different riffs/acoustics) and that the movie version was only a 2 verse recording Survivor performed in a movie sound studio for the film.

First world problems.

I don't think you even listened to the one I posted
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unwilling.gif 
Views:	437 
Size:	170 Bytes 
ID:	36046
    But I thin he might be on to something. DJ Koobra and Joanna have a similar sound in their songs and the voice sounds the same. Perhaps it's something they just put together that hasn't made it anywhere else yet. They're collaborating with Nokia on the Something Real song (which seems to have gained him a following), maybe there are other songs coming.

Here are some other songs featuring those two: https://soundcloud.com/koobra

Might be worth a tweet or Facebook post to Nokia France for the answer: https://www.facebook.com/NokiaFrance and https://twitter.com/NokiaFrance

Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    But I thin he might be on to something. DJ Koobra and Joanna have a similar sound in their songs and the voice sounds the same. Perhaps it's something they just put together that hasn't made it anywhere else yet. They're collaborating with Nokia on the Something Real song (which seems to have gained him a following), maybe there are other songs coming.

Here are some other songs featuring those two: https://soundcloud.com/koobra

Might be worth a tweet or Facebook post to Nokia France for the answer: https://www.facebook.com/NokiaFrance and https://twitter.com/NokiaFrance
    Idk about that, but I did already tweet and post on their fb!

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Did anyone else pick up their phone when they heard a notification sound go off only to realize a split second later it was actually from the video?
    wpguy likes this.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    Did anyone else pick up their phone when they heard a notification sound go off only to realize a split second later it was actually from the video?
    no :(

I have 6 days to kill before I even get that pleasure. My cracked/ post-tour in afghanistan/ condition 4s is silent...

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts
    kinda sounds like Little Dragon, she is up and coming.

If you find out, you have post here.

Can't help on the music unfortunately. I do know that Nokia has had its own DJ for years that is part of the team that mixes and/or decides the songs on many of the official introduction videos. Told by official Nokia Conversation channel much over a year ago.
    When talking about music on Nokia advertisements below are two that pretty much made be all hyped for the devices and in the end made me buy both of them back in the day.

That "Amazing Everyday" Ad is by Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, they're their own band.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast