Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

I was at my local t-mobile today and asked when the 925 is going to be available. I was talking to the Windows Phone rep, not some random employee. He said that he texted their Nokia rep and he said July.

Also - another interesting bit of information...

The salesman said that the t-mobile US version of the 925 will have expandable storage (mini sd card). I have not heard this up to this point. Has anyone else heard anything about expandable storage for the 925???
    He said that the poly back will be removable. I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    If that's true, then I can see why it's taking so long

That... would be some 'significant' modification to the 925, if true. I suppose it could be possible if T-Mobile ordered it that way: "Hey Nokia, we would like SD cards in there for our customized version. We'll pay up to a certain amount for that addition if you can do it"

I must remain skeptical though. Amazing news, but I will not be repeating this anywhere unless the actual product shows it. July would be fine... but it better be something like July 1st. EOS will be announced and revealed in NYC on July 11th, and that could steal some thunder (well, for those that would be likely to switch carriers, or change their minds on coming to T-Mobile for the 925). Get this phone out first!!

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Poly back being removable doesn't sound very reasonable, but I guess we'll see. A new tray for an SD card, maybe.

A new tray I would find very hard to believe. In a video where Nokia talked about their design decisions for the 925, some Nokia employee stated that it was hard enough designing the sim card tray, and that it would have been extremely difficult to cram a sim card tray/slot in there as well.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Point taken. I guess we'll see what happens. I doubt the authenticity of the second part of the rumor, though.

I think it would be easier for Nokia to just offer T-Mo the 16GB and 32GB versions

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    If the SD card version would be cheaper than the 32GB version, then I could see T-mobile going that direction, since there would only be one SKU and one phone to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    A new tray I would find very hard to believe. In a video where Nokia talked about their design decisions for the 925, some Nokia employee stated that it was hard enough designing the sim card tray, and that it would have been extremely difficult to cram a sim card tray/slot in there as well.
    an SD tray would be great, but I remember that statement about how hard it would have been to include a SD card tray as well....

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    I don't get Nokia. Microsd and the micro sim card are about same size. If they a slot for the sim card, then make one for the microsd too.

As the others I doubt this is true. On 2 different sides the guy sounds like he knows nothing of the phone. A) I have spoken to now 4 supervisors at nokia to verify and they all say that the US hold up is on t-mobiles ends. And B) t-mobile has always been the cheaper carrier no way I see them spending the amount of money it would take to make a phone have an sd card when it was NEVER designed for one. Your talking about mass producing something that doesn't exist. Checked again and can't see that it had passed the FCC cert yet and I think that is our hold up.
    tissotti and WP8fan like this.

If anything, release has been delayed because T-Mobile wants to make it larger and heavier. And 8 GB is enough, right?

I'm going to sit and wait on the 925. July should tell us quite a bit. And I don't think that both eos phones will be at&T exclusives.
    As much as I would love it to be true, I don't see a 925 on T-Mobile or anywhere else having a microSD slot. Removable back?? Very doubtful. July sounds nice, though, because my birthday is in July. Also nice would be if they end up getting a 32GB version after all. Of course, although I REALLY want this phone, I may just stick it out with my 920 for awhile since I've only had it for just over a month. Hmm, might even be cheaper if I wait, plus maybe they WILL a 32GB version during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgbstetson View Post
    If anything, release has been delayed because T-Mobile wants to make it larger and heavier. And 8 GB is enough, right?

I'm going to sit and wait on the 925. July should tell us quite a bit. And I don't think that both eos phones will be at&T exclusives.
    that's hilarious....

cynicism is strong with this one (justly so)

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    As much as I would love it to be true, I don't see a 925 on T-Mobile or anywhere else having a microSD slot. Removable back?? Very doubtful. July sounds nice, though, because my birthday is in July. Also nice would be if they end up getting a 32GB version after all. Of course, although I REALLY want this phone, I may just stick it out with my 920 for awhile since I've only had it for just over a month. Hmm, might even be cheaper if I wait, plus maybe they WILL a 32GB version during that time.
    once I am gainfully employed again a 32 gb 925 is a done deal for me. A 16 gb 925 is a pass....

Quote Originally Posted by b23h View Post
    once I am gainfully employed again a 32 gb 925 is a done deal for me. A 16 gb 925 is a pass....
    Same here . 16 GB is a no-go. How is it that the camera gets better, but judging by the storage, they expect you to use it less?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I like how everyone knows that it will be 16GB. Anyway, we know you won't be getting it now. Feel free to not tell us again ;)

I for one am looking forward to this device, whether it has 16 or 32 GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    I like how everyone knows that it will be 16GB. Anyway, we know you won't be getting it now. Feel free to not tell us again ;)

When Nokia announced 32GB as a Vodafone exclusive, we were all kinda forced to assume that what they said was correct and would apply to the US as well. Yes, I think there may be another carrier that got 32GB in Europe somewhere, but we can't assume that we'll get the same treatment. That and T-Mobile has a consistent track record of not getting high end devices that aren't gimped - unless that device is on all carriers, and/or is an iPhone. Hoping for a pleasant surprise, but expecting 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post

the thing is, 16 GB could work for me if the other storage problem was solved. Hell, 8gb with microsd could have worked. But I sold that brick (its name will not be uttered here) for a measly $175. It's just such a stupid problem to have; it drives me insane.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I thought they fixed the Other Storage bug, or at least released a tool to allow you to clear it?
    the thing is, 16 GB could work for me if the other storage problem was solved. Hell, 8gb with microsd could have worked. But I sold that brick (its name will not be uttered here) for a measly $175. It's just such a stupid problem to have; it drives me insane.
    I don't think "Other" will be an issue on the 925 because it comes with Storage Check. "Other" should be low, IMO. My 920 has Storage Check and "Other" is at 636MB. A bit surprising because I was sure it would be more than 1GB.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    you have to be kidding me... according to Engadget the RM-877 (aka EOS) just passed through the FCC for AT&T... this means 925 is a just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    I don't think "Other" will be an issue on the 925 because it comes with Storage Check. "Other" should be low, IMO. My 920 has Storage Check and "Other" is at 636MB. A bit surprising because I was sure it would be more than 1GB.
    I bought the 720 thinking the check storage app would help. And it does, but I still have 945 Mb in Other. I'm sorry, but on an 8 GB device, that needs to be improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmar1974 View Post
    you have to be kidding me... according to Engadget the RM-877 (aka EOS) just passed through the FCC for AT&T... this means 925 is a just a joke.
    A joke to whom? Some people actually like the 925 and are anxiously awaiting it. I'm pretty happy with my 920 but wouldn't mind getting a 925 at some point. EOS? Meh, I personally don't care about or need a 41 megapixel camera on my phone.
    I bought the 720 thinking the check storage app would help. And it does, but I still have 945 Mb in Other. I'm sorry, but on an 8 GB device, that needs to be improved.
    I don't know what to say other than that's crazy. Maybe the less the internal storage, the more the "Other" tends to be. :-/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast