Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you getting the Nokia 925?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - it's my next phone

166 55.70%
  • Undecided - I need to think about this

72 24.16%
  • No - I am not interested

60 20.13%
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
  1. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    We might as well have the obvious first thread.
    Thanked by:
    Guytronic likes this.

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    I've voted a firm no. It's a decent looking phone style wise but that's about it.

I'll get one as long as it's 32gb

Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I'll get one as long as it's 32gb
    You'll be getting one then; it is.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

No because I'm in a 2 year contract from when I got my Lumia 920, although even if I wasn't I still probably wouldn't as wireless charging is not built in so I would still end up choosing a 920 over the 925.

I voted "undecided".

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my 920, although a change is always nice.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

I'm in the need for a new phone as my galaxy s2 just broke, however the fact that it may come to Australia and if it did come it would be later in the year. The phone looks good but the distribution factors will probably make me look back to the galaxy or 920

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    You'll be getting one then; it is.
    The Global variant is 16 GB but some carriers will have exclusive deals to sell a 32 GB model.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I voted 'no' due to it being exactly the same phone as the 920, just lighter and with no wireless charging (and potentially smaller HD).

Quote Originally Posted by ajorourke View Post
    I voted 'no' due to it being exactly the same phone as the 920, just lighter and with no wireless charging (and potentially smaller HD).
    Smaller HD? What does that mean? It has the same resolution, 4.5-inch screen and the screen is not pentile.

I voted undecided. I will think till the release will I get Lumia 925 or wait till Q4 for new wave of flagships with a new WP8 update.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Smaller HD? What does that mean? It has the same resolution, 4.5-inch screen and the screen is not pentile.

I voted undecided. I will think till the release will I get Lumia 925 or wait till Q4 for new wave of flagships with a new WP8 update.
    Apologies - smaller HD was meant to refer to the storage (I'm old and think of storage as a hard drive).
    aximtreo and Rick2340 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajorourke View Post
    Apologies - smaller HD was meant to refer to the storage (I'm old and think of storage as a hard drive).
    Perhaps a better way to put it would have been HDD (Hard Disk Drive).

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

To each his own, but i think they gutted everything that made the Lumias unique for the sake if reviewers like the Verge. Looks run of the mill droid or even ugly (personal opinion) with horrible looking materials. Plus wireless charging is gone, or moved to a hideous back cover. If they crash and burn with this they fully desreve it. If EOS follows the same design, I'm jumping ship.
    WP8fan likes this.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'll get if they have a 32GB Pentaband for Tmobile or if Nokia and Tmobile stop being jerks and put the 32 GB on Tmobile
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV
    Harry Wild likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Perhaps a better way to put it would have been HDD (Hard Disk Drive).
    Perhaps...both are incorrect in though and it should just be 'storage'
    Traderhorn likes this.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdoubleb View Post
    To each his own, but i think they gutted everything that made the Lumias unique for the sake if reviewers like the Verge. Looks run of the mill droid or even ugly (personal opinion) with horrible looking materials. Plus wireless charging is gone, or moved to a hideous back cover. If they crash and burn with this they fully desreve it. If EOS follows the same design, I'm jumping ship.
    pretty strong opinion to jump ship from a Mobile OS Ecosystem just because the exterior design of a few phones isn't up to par. There will always be 920, 900, 620, look a likes, trust me Nokia won't stray away from the modern design element BUT the EOS might not stay with the 920 based design. Its gonna have a pretty decent bulge because of the camera sensor size.
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV
    I was looking foward to this hoping it would at least be 32GB as my 8X is not cutting it at 16GB. There's no real reason to switch for me I'll have the same issues.
    [IMG][/IMG]

No native wireless charging and 16GB storage did it for me (it's a no).

I will wait for the next iteration, which will hopefully have better processor, higher screen resolution, better camera, in the smaller, lighter form factor with an updated W8 package (Blue maybe?).

I hope it is not a central design change to have to use back covers for wireless charging even on the flagship device, this is a dealbreaker as far as I am concerned.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Apparently no one on TMoUS. If the specs listed on http:/www.wpcentral.com/nokia-continues-lumia-story-lumia-925 are correct, the phone is missing some key TMoUS frequencies.

I vote undecided, because I don't know when it comes to Indonesia, how much it price in Indonesia and I feel little bit strange with the camera humps....

come to the dark side brother, the dark side with a lot of textile art. :D

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I'm only getting one if two conditions are met

1) I can get 32gb on the carrier I want
    2) That Qi cover....is ****. Ill need an aftermarket design that isnt horrible and wont feel awkward in the hand.

Tbh, I probably wont get it. It feels like a step back. The 928 was a brilliant example of how the 920 should have progressed, only improvements, no cuts. This 925 is a very bad design decision, as reflected by this poll. I find it hysterical that Verizon being pushy were able to design a better phone than Nokia's internal team.

Very unhappy right now...I may have to stay on droid :'(
    Thanked by:
    Dazzi 
    WP8fan likes this.

What I meant to say was that i am waiting for Eos since, well the 808. Have a Lumia 800 and i am still amazed by that design. I am really worried though if this signals a change. If Eos will follow this run of the mill htc/sony design rather than the "old" Lumia design language, my next upgrade is not Nokia. I'll have to look elswhere... Even the Sammy WPs have more "personality" than this - and that's saying something.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    Not getting it only because I already have a 920. Anyone with a 920 would probably vote "no". Nothing wrong with that, given that majority of us 920 owners wait for the EOS.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Honestly, I was expecting a lot more from NOKIA, but I can understand Microsoft puts a limit on the manufacturer.. it's not a good thing for your flagship device has the same processing power from the year before, same amount of RAM, display resolution, and the only real differentiator is the camera. I get the phone is thinner, but the aluminum looks unattractive with the lines and cuts, and would've looked a lot better if it was a single piece of aluminum. Still though, I can't get over the fact that it's just the 920 in a slimmer profile.. that's terrible, considering a year has gone by and everything remains the same. Also- why did they name their flagship phone the 925 and a slightly modified 920 for Verizon the 928? I guess they are technically the same phone, just different casing.. sigh... I thought Windows Phone would surpass Android, but it's going to be another year until we see an improved Lumia...
    Thanks,
    Daniel
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast