- 10-15-2013, 07:15 PM #1
I have tried going on AT&T's forums and got no answers. I have tried emailing them, and got no responses. I have tried calling them, and their customer support is worthless....
So now I have decided to spit back every 'tweet' AT&T makes with a response of how they removed data sense. I am also doing it to pretty much every microsoft, and nokia post as well, since they are responsible for LETTING at&t pull that crap.
So feel free to join along. It probably won't make a difference...but you never know. Maybe if enough people flood them, they'll reconsider.
Here are a few examples...
90% of teens would stop texting at the wheel if a friend asked. What's the other 10% waiting for? Pledge @ http://soc.att.com/ICW #ItCanWait
@ATT 90% of @windowsphone users would stop getting overage charges if you didn't remove datasense from our @nokia phones. @ATTCustomerCare
And here's another one...
Microsoft Store @MicrosoftStore 6h
Start watching a @Netflix movie on your Windows Phone, then finish it up on your #Windows8 device. pic.twitter.com/abXt3W2yxf
where is data sense @whynodatasense
@MicrosoftStore @Microsoft @netflix would if I could monitor data usage, but @ATT removed #datasense no streaming for me!
- 10-16-2013, 11:03 AM #5
When a person reaches the adult stage of life, he\she begins to form a daily routine. Part of this routine is cellphone usage. A person ends up using pretty much the same amount most of the time so data sense is pretty much a waste of time. I can always check the ATT website if I'm unsure. I have bigger fish to fry.
- 10-16-2013, 11:09 AM #6First I played with a green robot, then I ate a shiny apple, now I'm going to lay tiles
- 10-16-2013, 11:12 AM #7
Explain to me how when I am at home all day Sunday, connected to WiFi, somehow on Monday morning at 1am my phone used 30mb of data?
- 10-16-2013, 11:31 AM #10
- 10-16-2013, 03:01 PM #13First I played with a green robot, then I ate a shiny apple, now I'm going to lay tiles
- 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM #15
What is relevant about that is this quote though...
"What's especially telling is how a consulting firm that was hired by the lawyers of the plaintiff conducted its own test of the data billing. Instead of using data and trying to measure it independently for comparison against the bill, the consultant did the exact opposite. The firm bought a new iPhone and immediately turned off all push notifications and location services, made sure that no apps or email accounts were active and then left the iPhone idle for 10 days.AT&T billed the account for 2,292 kilobytes of data over 35 transactions."
- 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM #17
Here is an example of what I am talking about...
10/14/2013 02:47AM -- Internet/mobile web 5605.0 KBs 0.00
The entire day of 10/13 We were at home, connected to wifi. Yet somehow my wife's phone used up 5.6MB while we were asleep? what?!?!
10/07/2013 05:03PM -- Internet/mobile web 401.0 KBs
I had my Data turned OFF on the 7th (i know, because i am paranoid about this stuff) and somehow I used 401kb?
Again. The monitoring is great.....but I really want the compression and the automatic cutoffs. and to be able to see exactly WHAT is using up my data.
10-17-2013, 04:59 AM #20
- 639 Posts
- 10-17-2013, 08:16 AM #21
To your second point. If you look at all of my tweets, I correct at&t on one of theirs! They said "stuck in traffic, use your smartphone to let someone in your house.". To which I replied..."just as long as you pull over before you do". Then they changed their tweet to "running late"
So you see, I am also helping them out. Also, I hijacked their tweets about women in STEM careers and LGBT stuff too. And I plan on hijacking every single one of their tweets until I get an answer from them.
And you are right, it may seem immature, but at least I am not just sitting back saying, "well, they know what is best for me, I'll just let them continue to rape my wallet" when there is a solution that they explicitly removed just so they can do it (rape my wallet I mean).
- 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM #22
I sometimes look at what is out there right now that i can work with versus something that i have to beg for and probably will never get. Have you thought of changing to the tmobile $30 plan with 5 gigs of data and 100 minutes? If you use a free voip plan and an android or iphone this could work.
- 10-17-2013, 11:06 AM #23
- By Vandrey Trindade in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 3Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:24 PM
- By FrodoBaggins in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 21Last Post: 10-15-2013, 05:02 AM
- By surfacedude in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
- By MyNL822 in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
- By electriclamb in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 10-14-2013, 01:41 AM