- 10-06-2013, 08:10 PM #1
So here's the story, me and my girlfriend both have Lumia 920s, she wanted to add more music to her phone, connects it to the computer, unlocks her phone and it doesnt show up under my computer. In device manager it comes up as (something like this, i dont have her phone with me ATM) MTP device. (along those lines anyways). However my lumia 920 connects with no issues. If I plug in her phone yet again, under devices and prints i can clearly see her phone and it is recognized, but still, no file explorer available.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers with no luck. Any ideas?
and thank you in advance to this awesome windows phone community :)
10-07-2013, 11:07 AM #4
- 1,373 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem now, only my computer runs Windows 7. Very annoying.
I found a solution for this that worked for me. Try rebooting the phone. I had my 920 connected to my laptop and decided to try rebooting and it connected like normal again afterward.
Last edited by metalchick719; 10-07-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added solution to problem
10-09-2013, 12:19 AM #7
- 344 Posts
- By jeetu4444 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 116Last Post: 10-17-2013, 01:09 AM
- By gautam12 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
- By jACKSON KWESI AGYEKUM in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2013, 03:33 AM
- By Pastorhss in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 10-07-2013, 07:39 AM
- By lowrider2107 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2013, 03:54 PM