- 10-04-2013, 01:10 AM #1
I got a replacement device, and I signed in with my Microsoft account. Everything works fine, I can download apps, etc. But it says Attention required, and it gave me an error code. I thought it was the devices fault, so I asked for another replacement phone, but this had the same issue. It doesn't do this on the Lumia I want replaced. Why?
Btw, it synced for a bit, then gave me the error code. Not all my text messages are backed up.
Here is the screenshot of the error code. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...wfgaiYC91g&v=3
Please help! Thanks.
10-04-2013, 11:52 AM #6
- 5 Posts
I had the exact same issue several times, tried disabling text backup, etc, to no avail.
My microsoft account is tied to an msn.com address, so I created a new email account (hotmail) pointed to that. All synced perfectly, so I set the Microsoft Account to sync nothing at all. Several days later I checked back with the Microsoft Account settings, and enabled the email sync and it took. Really I have no use for it now that the duplicate is set up, so it's basically just there in the background.
Clearly there's something afoot in how the phone sees these accounts as they tie to email accounts. Probably doesn't help that MS keeps bouncing from hotmail, to msn, to outlook.com. There are countless posts on MS' support boards, with the usual worthless responses from "support".
Maybe this would be a workaround...
- By WoWNyx in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM
- By dangerous_dave in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
- By exchangeguy in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 6Last Post: 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
- By seabrew in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:17 AM
- By darshanpatelh in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2013, 01:34 AM