- 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM #1
Not sure if anyone can help...
Never had this issue with WP7.5 but with WP8 when I tether my laptop wirelessly with my 920, the data connection seems to work fine.
However, if I try to connect through my VPN on my laptop, the VPN connection fails (times out when it's checking the password). It seems the wireless tethering on WP8 is not transparent...
I have no problems tethering to an android phone or iphone...just the 920
08-30-2013, 08:06 AM #3
- 19 Posts
I have used standard Microsoft VPN Connection from my Surface whilst tethering from to my 920 and it worked fine. I think it depends upon the speed of the network because on a couple of occasions when the mobile network has been a little slow, there has been problems negotiating. But on network with a decent speed it's worked for me.
- 08-30-2013, 11:18 PM #4
- By cb3071 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 6Last Post: 10-27-2013, 03:07 PM
- By bodha in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2013, 11:53 AM
- By kendo_88 in forum HTC 8SReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM
- By StevePT in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 2Last Post: 08-29-2013, 03:51 PM
- By b3rni3703 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM