View Poll Results: Has the picture wuality on the Lumia 920 become worse after amber?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 30.91%
  • No

31 56.36%
  • Can't say

7 12.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Hey folks, has anyone recognized that the lumia 920's camera became bad after the amber update? I've got much more noise in my shots and the colors are washed out like it was a 3 year old smartphone cam. Thanks for responses
    no its actually so much better than before amber..
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Where's the option for ATT won't let me test it out yet?
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Thanked by:
    Jonatz 
    AndyD33 and Jonatz like this.

Then what am I doing wrong :(

Are you pressing the camera button half way down and allowing it to focus? I used to do this silly mistake earlier and thus pics used to come horrible. Low light imaging without flash is spectacular. A higher ISO and steady hands can do wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Pixel View Post
    Are you pressing the camera button half way down and allowing it to focus? I used to do this silly mistake earlier and thus pics used to come horrible. Low light imaging without flash is spectacular. A higher ISO and steady hands can do wonders.
    i'm not using the button. Touchscreen autofocus turned out to be the better choice for me because i have shaky hands. Picture quality seems to be worse in both cases, normal light and low light scenarios

Try a hard reset then. It has to be some software bug if quality was not bad before amber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonatz View Post
    i'm not using the button. Touchscreen autofocus turned out to be the better choice for me because i have shaky hands. Picture quality seems to be worse in both cases, normal light and low light scenarios
    could you post some examples?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreStudart View Post
    could you post some examples?
    http://sdrv.ms/12MsMXg
    jimmyjunk30 likes this.

It's all normal for me.. just that keyboard pic that seems to be a little bit blurry, but the other ones are fine.. maybe it's just your head saying to you that it is worst than portico's update =p

It happened to me as well, until I compared before and after amber shots..
    Thanked by:
    Jonatz 

Shaky hands not ideal with 1/4 or 1/5 shutter speed, that is why those are looking soft / out of focus.

In my case is Picture quality improved a lot after Amber update. Use Nokia Pro Cam mostly and I am really satisfied with quality.
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    Hey folks, has anyone recognized that the lumia 920's camera became bad after the amber update? I've got much more noise in my shots and the colors are washed out like it was a 3 year old smartphone cam. Thanks for responses
    1st thread am reading saying Amber messed up L920.
    Could you try to compare a picture you took before Amber with a new picture?

P.S. - Please change your avatar, lol.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

more noise, more yellow-ish pictures
    Oranges123 and dusankos like this.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Yes, definitely post amber, I observed that pictures are very yellowish. If any of u guys want to actually see that for urself, then try taking a pic with white object in view and 9 out 10 times its always yellowish(also blurry). I also observed that pictures very accurate just for a second after I take it on pro-cam and then I go to the hd gallery, the sharp picture suddenly turns soft and yellowish. Im pretty sure its bcoz of over processing nokia does for L920 to make it look as if it has less noise. Summarizing the entire experience, nokia successfully managed to further worsen the pic qualities through their terrible overprocessing in amber.. Keep it up NOKIA!!! A failure again !!! Forgot to tell the issue is also present in regular camera app. Definitiely overprocessing from NOKIA.. I guess NOKIA needs to leave it to users discretion if they want that processing or not!!. They should rather introduce a "Fix" feature and let the users choose if they really require all that post processing.
    Last edited by tezoo2002; 08-29-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    cuzincurly likes this.

Indeed. While Pro cam is much better in all other aspects it has that problem of yellowish colors. here is one good example.

First photo is photo after it is taken and second one is photo when you are viewing your photos.

wp_ss_20130829_0004.jpg wp_ss_20130829_0005.jpg

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am not sure if NOKIA is aware of this,, Is there any information regarding possible fix from their side ? Do they realize that AMBER update is producing AMBERISH pics ?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    And if u actually observe the images, its just not yellow tint amber algorithms introduced but also blurriness. Day imagery is still not upto the mark. I guess NOKIA needs to leave it to users discretion if they want processing or not!!. They should rather introduce a "Fix" feature and let the users choose if they really require post processing.

Yes, I noticed that postprocessed pic is more blurred than original. I have opened a thread in Nokia's official forums. Go there and post that you have encountered same problem so they will see it that is a common issue..

Nokia Pro Cam photos post-processing makes yellowi... - Nokia Support Discussions
    Thanked by:
    Dude, only looking at your EXIF data makes it more than clear why your pictures are blurry....1/4 shutter speed, 1/9 and so on...no OIS in the world will help you with such long exposure times handheld. Try going for a shorter exposure and bigger ISO ��

Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracy_izruts View Post
    Dude, only looking at your EXIF data makes it more than clear why your pictures are blurry....1/4 shutter speed, 1/9 and so on...no OIS in the world will help you with such long exposure times handheld. Try going for a shorter exposure and bigger ISO ��
    Well they were taken with automatic settings on but it doesn't explain why postprocessed pic is much worse looking than original.

sorry to here about yellow tint, my Lumia 920 takes better Pictures now then Before amber

Hi, i don't know about 920 but i use the 820 and it has definitely gotten so much worse. Very yellow and washed out. This is making me really sad, cause I love the phone but I can no longer enjoy one of its best features. Of course it's nowhere close to the 920 but it was still good. I wish they'd find a way to fix very soon.

I heard the Pro cam app adds a yellow hue, is the same true for the native app?

maybe the white balance detection is off, try to manually set it to something appropriate? I know that helps a lot with yellow hue but I was doing that pre amber anyways in some lighting situations.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast