- 08-27-2013, 01:51 AM #1
My device has been fine since release, but I recently encountered an unusual problem - I began frequently getting "SIM missing or invalid" messages, but upon testing my SIM in other phones, it was fine. Other SIMs, however, wouldn't work in my phone at all. This obviously implies that the SIM reader is either bad or the card isn't making proper contact. I've never removed my SIM from my phone, so this is unusual.
The phone is in excellent condition, but I know warranty services can be ridiculous about repairs. Should I expect Nokia to refuse to repair it, or will my 920 be usable again? I'm in America, if that's relevant.
- 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM #5
After not receiving any updates from Nokia Care from the point they got my phone to the point they sent it back, and contacting several chat agents, the following happened.
Three chat agents assured me that my device would be repaired, as the damage was not my doing.
Three days after they shipped the phone back, I receive an email stating that they couldn't repair my phone due to "physical damage or corrosion." I will make it very clear: prior to sending the device in, I checked for any scratches, cracks, or liquid damage. There were none on the phone. Only the SIM issue.
I emailed Stephen Elop immediately. I received a response within minutes, and he forwarded my email to Alf Noto. I'm hoping they can get this cleared up. If not, what will it take for me to replace the SIM reader? Is it soldered on? I'm hoping that they can fix it, otherwise I will be very disappointed with their service.
- By Vikash Goyal in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 9Last Post: 09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
- By Micah Dawson in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 12Last Post: 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM
- By Edward Woodward1 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2013, 01:53 PM
- By JW888 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM
- By Vagner Silva in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 11:43 PM