Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Are there any updates/rumors going around as to why evil A is taking so long to approve GDR2? I'm starting to wonder if they've decided to skip the release all together.

Although it probably wouldn't accomplish much, I would be curious to hear AT&t's response to the question if posed by a tech website like wpcentral.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I tweeted @attcustomercare the other day and they said no updates to share
    First I played with a green robot, then I ate a shiny apple, now I'm going to lay tiles
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ricbon View Post
    I tweeted @attcustomercare the other day and they said no updates to share
    They got Portico out so quick, I had high hopes for this update not taking long to be released.

Wish in one hand, **** in the other, I guess 😞

I'm on Live Chat with them right now asking where the update is. Sent the rep the link to the Windows Team Blog detailing the update along with updated OS version. We'll see how he/she responds.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    will this update fix the loss of cellular signal issue?

What "holdup?. The date given was that devices would be updated by the end of September, which is still more than 5 weeks away.

Unless October starts and the update still isn't available, there is no delay/holdup...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

jojapath likes this.

a reddit user posted that 'according to an MS rep he/she talked to, it will be out on August 26th'.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    What "holdup?. The date given was that devices would be updated by the end of September, which is still more than 5 weeks away.

Unless October starts and the update still isn't available, there is no delay/holdup...
    I thought end of september was for the lower end devices. I thought 92x would get it first. But I mean, it's not a big deal, just the fact that VERIZON of all people would push the update on day 1, they've been outspoken about their dislike for windows phone before. And ATT, the "premier partner" is still testing

ATT supposedly released the update for the HTC 8X, why cant they release it for the L920??

If nobody has issues with the HTC 8x they will roll it out to the 920. :-)
    I just as soon wait and have it work correctly. I am not really having any issues currently with my 920.
    WPer likes this.

The release of GDR2 for the HTC 8X doesn't really have much to do with the Lumia 920 rollout. The Lumia 920 is receiving a much more significant software update because Nokia is packaging some software and firmware improvements with Microsoft's GDR2 update.

That said, AT&T is holding up the update at this point. American carriers are notorious for taking their time with pushing updates, and frequently opting to simply not deliver them.

I am hoping that the delay with ATT is that they are testing DataSense. Unfortunately I think that this is unlikely, but I'm trying to be positive!

Quote Originally Posted by pantsaregood View Post
    The release of GDR2 for the HTC 8X doesn't really have much to do with the Lumia 920 rollout. The Lumia 920 is receiving a much more significant software update because Nokia is packaging some software and firmware improvements with Microsoft's GDR2 update.

That said, AT&T is holding up the update at this point. American carriers are notorious for taking their time with pushing updates, and frequently opting to simply not deliver them.
    Its not like there is much more to test. The Lumia 1020 has GDR2+Amber pre-installed. the hardware is identical except for the screen, one gig more memory and the camera.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    update, but not soon
    screen-shot-2013-08-21-10.14.11-am.png

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Any idea when the ATT rom will come to NCS? We're less than a week from the 26th and so far nothing! What if it doesn't come by then! Ahhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post

It's a hold up compared to the speed of other carriers handling of the update and its laughable Verizon beat them.

I really wish I had gone with Nokia than the 8X but at the time the nokia devices didn't seem very appealing over the 8x. I'd rather update my device manually than wait for a carrier that may or may not ever push the update even if it does risk my device bricking.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denzilla View Post
    It's a hold up compared to the speed of other carriers handling of the update and its laughable Verizon beat them.
    It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.
    GDR2+Amber is complete and shipped and ATT hasn't released it. That means it's being held up. End of story
    Thanked by:

Availability in North America - Nokia

T-Mobile approved the 520 but at&t hasn't approved the 521.
    T-Mobile approved the 810 but at&t hasn't approved the 820.
    Verizon approved the 928 but at&t hasn't approved the 920.

Different carriers were able to get similar phones tested and approved but AT&T can't?
    Thanked by:
    irvin792 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiz Mian View Post
    GDR2+Amber is complete and shipped and ATT hasn't released it. That means it's being held up. End of story
    I have no response to such child-like responses.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTimSmith View Post
    Different carriers were able to get similar phones tested and approved but AT&T can't?
    You're assuming too much when you say "can't". You don't know that.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTimSmith View Post
    Availability in North America - Nokia

T-Mobile approved the 520 but at&t hasn't approved the 521.
    T-Mobile approved the 810 but at&t hasn't approved the 820.
    Verizon approved the 928 but at&t hasn't approved the 920.

The odd thing about that, beyond the fact that you mixed up the 520 (AT&T) and 521 (T-Mobile) is that AT&T has been shipping the 520 with GDR2/Amber for at least a couple of weeks now, and all AT&T 520 customers should have the update (and well before the T-Mobile 521 users got the upgrade). I'm not sure why that chart claims that AT&T hasn't approved it.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    The odd thing about that ... is that AT&T has been shipping the 520 with GDR2/Amber for at least a couple of weeks now
    Yeah, I had a 520 for a couple of weeks and it came out of the box with Amber/GDR2.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    You're assuming too much when you say "can't". You don't know that.
    Just a quick question, where are you getting this "by the end of september" from?

Windows Phone Amber Update - Nokia

It just states that "The Lumia Amber software update is here" and rollout begins in august
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast