Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've heard of people receiving Amber in France.

However they never specify their carrier. Did anyone receive the update on an unlocked device and not only on a carrier-branded device (orange)?

Thanks for your feedback!
    Find out when you'll get the AMBER UPDATE!

Go here and click on the link provided.
  3.    #3  
    Already "available"... But not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Plieger View Post
    Already "available"... But not really.
    Updates often come out in waves. It is possible your phone's number just hasn't been called.
    Or the carrier let Nokia know they are releasing it today, but it just hasn't started yet.
  5.    #5  
    I have no carrier, this has nothing to do with my number :)
    I have no carrier, this has nothing to do with my number :)
    If your phone came from carrier, it still is associated with that carrier and gets updates from them. Let's say I have a AT&T phone that I unlocked to use with T-Mobile. I would still get updates from AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    If your phone came from carrier, it still is associated with that carrier and gets updates from them. Let's say I have a AT&T phone that I unlocked to use with T-Mobile. I would still get updates from AT&T.
    Yes, but your device is still an AT&T branded device even if it is unlocked. What this is about is about unbranded devices, so even if he bought it from a specific carrier, unless its specifically branded for that carrier, the updates will come directly from Nokia. This is largely the case in Europe where carriers sell unbranded devices. I bought my phone from the orange online store in the UK, but its an unbranded French model so it will receive the update direct from Nokia and not via Orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyonboy View Post
    Yes, but your device is still an AT&T branded device even if it is unlocked. What this is about is about unbranded devices, so even if he bought it from a specific carrier, unless its specifically branded for that carrier, the updates will come directly from Nokia. This is largely the case in Europe where carriers sell unbranded devices. I bought my phone from the orange online store in the UK, but its an unbranded French model so it will receive the update direct from Nokia and not via Orange.
    Fair enough, but he used the terms interchangeably on the OP.
  9.    #9  
    my phone is unbranded, unlocked etc everything.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,758 Global Posts
    my phone is unbranded, unlocked etc everything.
    Then you should get it through Nokia, mon ami.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Fair enough, but he used the terms interchangeably on the OP.
    True, but it seems that there are two versions, an unbranded version and an orange branded version with different software codes, but both are available according to Nokia. So hopefully they'll be hitting our devices soon! :)
  12.    #12  
    10 responses and none relevant to the subject lol. I guess there is no French community on wpcentral :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,758 Global Posts
    10 responses and none relevant to the subject lol. I guess there is no French community on wpcentral :)
    I am confuse. You have an unbranded/unlocked phone, you'll get the update from Nokia. I have a unbranded/unlocked HTC 7 Trophy, all my updates came from HTC. I had an unbranded/unlocked Nokia N8, all my updates came through Nokia. I had an unbranded/unlocked Treo Pro, all my updates came through Palm.

So your update is coming soon. Hopefully someone with an unbranded/unlocked 920 will post in here soon for you.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Je suis aux États-Unis et je viens de la recevoir par wifi :) ca installe en ce moment même:)

Translation: I'm in the U.S. and I just received it by wifi. it's installing right now

Thanks for posting that for Christopher Plieger. My wife is French and I understand your post, but we need to post in English here. Thanks again!
    Last edited by palandri; 08-15-2013 at 10:50 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pudeldoodle View Post
    Je suis aux États-Unis et je viens de la recevoir par wifi :) ca installe en ce moment même:)
    Superbe!

Ta rom est bien la: RM-821_eu_france_267 ?
    ^ tres bien! Aussi Unlocked + Unbranded?

Translation: Very Good. Also unlocked & unbranded?

dans mon souvenir oui :) la mise à jour est presque terminée, je te dis dès que c'est fini :)

oui acheté nu chez Phone House :) donc unlocké et non brandé :D
  19.    #19  
    oui acheté nu chez Phone House :) donc unlocké et non brandé :D
    Exactement pareil. Tu es le premier que j'ai trouvé sur le net a être dans ce cas :). Ca va pas tarder alors j'espère!

Merci pour ton retour!

Avec plaisir, je faisais mon petit check quotidien quand soudain ça s'est mis à updater
    Dernier redémarrage en cours, puis je vais manger :D 20:30 ici ^^
    Je vous tiens au courant quand j'ai fini :)
    Bonne attente à vous!
    Et si, il y a une communauté francophone sur wpcentral, on vient de la créer ^^

et rm-821_eu_france_267 avec un beau LUMIA AMBER jaune dans autres+infos!!!
    à la bouffe now!
  22.    #22  
    Ca c'est vrai :). Merci pour tes derniers infos et bon appétit!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,758 Global Posts
    ....Et si, il y a une communauté francophone sur wpcentral, on vient de la créer ^^
    I recommended that a while ago, but they weren't interested at that time. To be honest, I think it would be nice to add a Spanish and French speaking area
  24.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I recommended that a while ago, but they weren't interested at that time. To be honest, I think it would be nice to add a Spanish and French speaking area
    I agree that would be a nice addition!
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,758 Global Posts
    I agree that would be a nice addition!
    I agree. I speak English & French and I recommended a French section a while ago. If you could suggest that on the main site it would be appreciated: http://forums.mobilenations.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast