Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Anyone else having trouble install the Amber update?
    I only get the fault code: 8018830f when the phone tries to install the update
    Thanked by:

Same here :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthaukeb View Post
    Anyone else having trouble install the Amber update?
    I only get the fault code: 8018830f when the phone tries to install the update
    see this link
    Error 8018830F on Lumia 920? - Microsoft Community

or this
    https://twitter.com/OchoaR/status/282277264081702912
    Last edited by Chanakya Sankritayayana1; 08-15-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added link
    Anyone solved this with the instructions in the links?

Same error code here aswell. Lumia 920 with the carrier Telenor in Norway.

The same problem with two other Lumia 920 in Norway, carrier Telenor.

Same here... 8018830f error Telenor Lumia 920..

The same problem with Lumia 920 in Norway, carrier Telenor.
    Same here. Seems to be a problem with the Norwegian download, unless there was a bug in the previous update which has made further updates impossible. I doubt it. Mostly Norwegians on the carrier Telenor who are experiencing this, judging from the various forum threads. I'm not going to manually do anything that deletes all my settings and stuff. I'm sure Telenor will fix this on their end once tomorrow's work day starts and people begin to phone in their complaints.

I have the same problem. Lumia 920, Norway, carrier is Netcom but the phone is a Telenor phone: 059Q927: RM-821_Telenor_Norway_VAR241760 _12421_004_Black_01_Yellow.
    I don't know whether this is an issue with Telenor or the phone version itself. Product code can be found using Nokia Care Suite or Nokia Software Updater For Retail and the product name can be matched using this reference.
    Neither Care Suite nor Nokia Software Update shows the amber update for my model.
    Maybe it will change for the better when the update is actually pushed. We are only gettting it now by checking for updates manually. Maybe the file hasn't gotten the right signature yet or something. However that works. Just thinking out loud now really, I have no idea. :)

I am having the same error code on my 920 (factory unlocked and unbranded) here in Vietnam.
    Hmmm, suddenly I'm thinking... Didn't this happen the first day with one of the other updates as well?

Same here. Lumia 920, norwegian carrier Telenor. Everyone start nagging your operators :)

Same here. I'm using a no-brand-locked /no-carrier-locked version in Vietnam.

I am having the same error code on my 920 (factory unlocked and unbranded) here in Vietnam.
    wp_ss_20130816_0003.jpg

Same 8018830f error here on Telenor, Norway. Will download but not open/run the update. I figured it could be smart to factory reset/hard reset the phone, but I have had the spinning wheels since yesterday and when I woke up the battery was flat. Charging it now and the spinning wheels continue where they left off completely useless.

"The wheels will never stop spinning" Common error with hard resets unfortunately. There's a fix somewhere here on the forums, or you could just return it. Would get you the update too I imagine.

I appreciate thats frustrating. Your phone will be ok. The spinning wheels til battery drains thing can happen. Simply hard reset/boot the phone. I dont think the problem is on your phones end. I think Telenor has simply uploaded the update to some server so we can see it but cant run the update yet.

Please dont anyone reset their phones until we know more about the cause of the error.

The update downloads fine, file just doesnt open. It seems it's version-spesific. Users with Telenor-roms 059Q934, 059Q933, etc are unable to update. A user on facebook reported this, and he flashed his Lumia 920 to 059Q920 and that worked for him. Solutions that involve hard-resetting is no go for me though.

It finally booted up after having drained the battery overnight and numerous attempts at hard resetting it again this morning. This has happened to me before, but it would be up and running again within hours, not a whole night.

I tried getting the update again but i still get the 8018830f error, so hard resetting the phone wont help.
    Same problem with Lumia 920 and Netcom in Norway :-(
    Think I'll make use of this annoying delay to hand the phone in for service for an unrelated issue. May as well not bother with all of this now if they'll give me back another refurbished phone anyway, like they did the last time.
    Thanked by:

Just called Nokia Care in Norway. They are aware of the problem, and are investigating this. They will post an update on their Facbook page about the matter, when they find out more.
    It is mainly Telenor in Norway that have this issue.

8018830F everywhere, so sad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast