08-11-2013, 07:54 AM #1
- 1 Posts
My 920 stopped working yesterday, apparently out of nothing - it's been running like a dream for 3 months, after my first unit was first cleaned and then replaced back in april/may (due to the proximity sensor / gasket problem in early batches).
It shows a (funny) display message, see below, where the 'Windows Boot manager' asks for the Windows installation disk to be inserted...
I've tried to re-flash it using Nokia Care Suite and Product Support Tool For Store 5.0, but my PC (Win 7 SP1 64-bit) does not recognise the phone when USB connected using a CA-101 cable (which is what I normally use), and I cannot find a way to force the Product Support Tool to flash it in this mode.
Before doing this, I've searched through this and other forums for hints about key-combinations for miscellaneous types of reset and similar problems, but so far without any luck.
BTW, the behaviour is the same without SIM installed, and I don't have an SD card installed.
Any good ideas?
08-12-2013, 05:51 AM #4
- 202 Posts
"The cracks in the pavement, match the cracks in their weathered skin"
Low Budget Gaming Rig
CPU...........Intel i5 @ 2.9Ghz
RAM..........16GB 1333Mhz RAM
HDD...........Samsung 830 256GB SSD
GPU...........MSI HD 6850
PSU...........Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W Modular PSU
Case..........Casecom 5788 (Red)
O.S............Windows 8 Pro
10-10-2013, 01:11 PM #8
- 6 Posts
I got this screen too.
I got Blue Screen of Death in past a number of days. Today, after
1. Disconnect your phone from the charger.
2. Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exlamation mark (!) is shown on the screen. 3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.
I got this funny 'Windows Boot Manager' screen.
What a Windows!
- By Alethanera in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2013, 04:46 PM
- By benrk in forum HTC 8XReplies: 7Last Post: 10-26-2013, 12:57 AM
- By bitcortex in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 9Last Post: 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM
- By yeto in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 09-01-2013, 06:31 PM
- By peter1950 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2013, 07:07 AM