- 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM #1
What's the best way for me to have call, data and messaging service in Japan? AT&T is now unsure this phone will work there on their international plan- they didn't tell me that when I bought it. I am okay with paying $100 for the AT&T international access if it work. I am on hold with the agent now. My friends are renting portable wi-fi units for $100 for a week for their iPhones, we were going to communicate in Japan by Skype. But I need to be able to call and/or text the states while I am in Japan.
Tips anyone? Thank you SO much for any and all quick responses.
And I am only tech savvy enough to post here - not tech savvy enough to understand different cellular networks and such. So just tell me what to do!
- 07-31-2013, 09:14 PM #3
I'd get a Japanese prepaid SIM card when you get there w/data plan and just pop it into your phone, removing the ATT SIM. It'll give you proper data and a JP phone number. When you get back, re-insert your ATT SIM and go back to your normal plan.
Anyone know why this wouldn't work on a L920?
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM #4
- 4 Posts
The International plan with AT&T will work in Japan--I have used it. I think 100mb is $30. Calls are $2/min. Texts are $0.20 to receive, $0.50 to send.
Get the data package and make calls over Skype. It is much cheaper.
Note though that AT&T will charge you if your phone rings, even if you don't answer it. It is silly.
Your phone doesn't need to be unlocked.
- 08-20-2013, 03:17 PM #10
08-20-2013, 03:25 PM #11
- 442 Posts
- By chfhyh in forum Nokia Lumia 2520Replies: 38Last Post: 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM
- By Amit Kumar13 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 03:06 AM
- By sjb123mk2 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 02:25 AM
- By Himanshu Chowdhary1 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 01:54 AM
- By maverick786us in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 01:52 AM