Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi,

I bought the Lumia 920 about 6 months ago. Noticed right away that there was one tiny white pixel in the middle of the screen.

Tried a stuck-pixel fixing app from the windows phone store and left the screen flashing for about an hour.

When i picked up my phone an hour later and stopped the stuck pixel app, I noticed that my screen continued to mildly flicker even while viewing photos or just browsing.

This lasted for about 10 minutes. I havent had a problem with it since then.. no more flicker.

I was just wondering if that app may have harmed my screen? (it didnt solve the stuck pixel, I just live with it now)

Have any of you had experience with an app like this damaging the screen?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I tried this on my surface rt for some time. it was a dead pixel not a stuck pixel and it didn't work (I got the surface rt replaced eventually). it didn't and it shouldn't damage the lcd. Often when you look at something flashing for a while you will be left with the optical illusion that it's still flashing even though your turned off the source. might it have been that?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Nope, i wasnt watching the stuck pixel apps screen flicker (that would have stressed my eyes out!)

The screen definitely flickered for about 10 min afterwards though. Lucky you got your device replaced (refurb?)

Nokia wouldnt replace my device, not for one pixel.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    if it was on my phone in the middle of the screen I'd keep complaining. I was able to walk into an MS store in the area and got a brand new one no questions asked. I actually had it replaced prior to that for another reason already (light leak).