Having tough time managing tasks on my Nokia Lumina 920 Windows 8 phone. The task reminders that pop up don't allow me to go to the actual task to mark it complete. My only options are to snooze or dismiss. Sometimes, by happenstance, I'm allowed to go directly to the task, from the reminder, to mark it complete. However, I can't determine how this can be done on a constant basis.

Global Posts
    2,198 Global Posts
    Are you using the built in tasks on the base calendar and are they showing up in the calendar screen at the top? I so you can go to the calendar app and scroll over to the todos and tap on the individual task (todo) and mark it complete
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    I thought I was the only one who had this problem. Does everyone really go to the app manually to mark it as complete? Why doesn't the notification let me go directly to the task?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    I thought I was the only one who had this problem. Does everyone really go to the app manually to mark it as complete? Why doesn't the notification let me go directly to the task?
    on WP 7.8 it does. When a to-do shows up, I tap on it, and it takes me to the to-do in the calendar, and I can mark it as complete. Try it on WP 8, it should work

It would be more sensible to have a "mark complete" button along with "dismiss" & "snooze".

Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Are you using the built in tasks on the base calendar and are they showing up in the calendar screen at the top? I so you can go to the calendar app and scroll over to the todos and tap on the individual task (todo) and mark it complete
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the built in tasks that show up as a list in the calendar. You're right, I can access tasks and mark them complete this way. However, it's too pragmatic, unintuitive and unnatural to do things this way. In the desktop version of Outlook you can simply mark a task complete, from the pop up reminder window.

Quote Originally Posted by mpt15 View Post
    on WP 7.8 it does. When a to-do shows up, I tap on it, and it takes me to the to-do in the calendar, and I can mark it as complete. Try it on WP 8, it should work

It would be more sensible to have a "mark complete" button along with "dismiss" & "snooze".
    I wish WP 8 would work the same as you describe with 7.8, and I agree that a mark complete button, along side a dismiss and snooze, is needed. I feel like I'm using WP 8 Lite, where 1/2 of the usability expected isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie X View Post
    I wish WP 8 would work the same as you describe with 7.8, and I agree that a mark complete button, along side a dismiss and snooze, is needed. I feel like I'm using WP 8 Lite, where 1/2 of the usability expected isn't there.
    that's odd. I just tried it on my moms lumia 620. I tapped the text of the banner when the to-do reminder came up, and as in my lumia 800, it opened the to-do in the calendar and I could mark it as complete

that's odd. I just tried it on my moms lumia 620. I tapped the text of the banner when the to-do reminder came up, and as in my lumia 800, it opened the to-do in the calendar and I could mark it as complete
    Are those phones running WP8?

The lumia 620 runs WP 8. The lumia 800 runs WP 7.8

The tap on the banner takes me to the to-do in the calendar on both devices.

The screenshot is the banner im talking about

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...HnG5lcowx43elM

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    I just tried it out again. I think the problem is when the phone is locked it won't work. When the phone is unlocked, it seems to work.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Thanked by:

I just tried it out again. I think the problem is when the phone is locked it won't work. When the phone is unlocked, it seems to work.
    That true. I didn't realise that. It shouldn't differ.... That's one more thing MS have to fix

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    That true. I didn't realise that. It shouldn't differ.... That's one more thing MS have to fix
    Yeah, it's annoying. You can snooze from the lockscreen, and you can dismiss the notification, but you can't go to the reminder itself unless your phone is unlocked.

Does someone want to tweet Joe Belfiore and ask if they'll fix this?

Wow...Who knew? By default, my phone locks out after 1 minute. It all makes sense now. MS has got to do better.