- 05-12-2013, 03:20 AM #1
This is only my experience and one person.....But today while I was at Chili's waiting for my to go order I was playing with my phone and the man beside me was like is that one of those Nokia Phones?
I was like yeah.
He's like is it that one from the commercial where they are fighting at the wedding? A windows phone, right.
SO I said yeah and what not.
He went on to say how he enjoyed the commercial and in the past he had used Nokia Phones Pre-windows phone and had never seen a Lumia in person before and just expressed a lot of interest in the phone and the commercial.
I love when people ask me about my phone and I honestly do think Microsoft needs more amusing and fun commercial that grab your attention like The Wedding commercial because that is just how the droid campaign took off in 2009 with Moto's Droid and I remember having that phone and people are like "is that the droid?"
But it definitely made me smile to see my little Lumia getting some outside attention!
- 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM #3
My boss got a Lumia 920 matt black because of that ad, this Friday ;)
- 05-12-2013, 08:36 AM #5I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
- 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM #6
I was with one of my friends and her friend saw my 920 and she was like "thats the new windows phone?" i was like yeah Nokia Lumia 920, she said she loved windows phone , but got the iphone for instagram, so i went to wpcentral and show her the itsdgram article, and she ready to buy one
- 05-12-2013, 11:05 AM #7
There's two guys I work with one just got an 8X and one just got the 810. Last night I was at a Jimmy Eat World concert and for the first time saw another 920. The guy was taking lots of pics with it too. It was nice to see.
- 05-13-2013, 09:18 AM #12
We really are missing apps. My friends have ipads as well so its not too much of a problem for them, but seriously we shouldnt have to buy an ipad to compliment our windows phones.
05-13-2013, 11:42 AM #13
- 1,357 Posts
Someone in my bowling league was using his ancient BlackBerry during a meeting we had before we started yesterday. I took out my 920 and he said he really likes the Windows Phone. I have a feeling he might end up getting the 928 as his next phone, should he decide to finally ditch the BlackBerry.
05-13-2013, 11:46 AM #14
- 2,228 Posts
The ad team at Microsoft is doing incredible recently! Between the Surface commercials and these new Windows Phone commercials, I have never heard so much hype over Microsoft products!Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!
Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
- 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM #15
05-13-2013, 12:19 PM #16
- 146 Posts
- Enterprise support (VPN, better calendaring, mobile device management, etc)
- Weird OS bugs (for example the storage bug, weird battery drain)
- Getting updates out to everyone in a reasonable time - no more of this, AT&T gets it for 4 months before everyone else.
- Getting updates out more frequently if possible - I realize they are working on this with the whole "Blue" model
- Apps. It gets tiring to hear but this is a fact. Yes, WP has 95% of the top apps (I agree that's great), but the fact that iOS and Android have more apps does make a difference.
- Fixing the WP store. Various things like site availability, search results, somehow WP7 users being able to rate down a WP8 only app and saying sucks (WTF)
- Kids corner (I don't use it, but I've heard it's got some bugs)
- 05-14-2013, 12:30 AM #17
- Orientation lock
- Data counter built-in (like Symbian)
- Ability to check for application updates manually instead of the "surprise gift" method in place right now. (every other platform can do this)
- A car mode would be nice. A nice landscape interface that was able to do functions like Phone, Nav, and Music. (like Symbian)
Just to add a few.
05-14-2013, 02:27 AM #18
- 1,647 Posts
A guy at my job picked up his GS4 this past Friday. He handed it to me for a little 'show and tell'. I held it. Looked at it . Flipped a few screens and handed it back. I made a comment about the sensors on the phone and his comment to me was, "I thought I would be more happy to have this phone." He said after he got it up and running, he couldn't remember why he felt he had to have the GS4.
Then he asked me something out of the blue. "Why didn't you want one?" Meaning the GS4. I shot back, "Why did you?" He said he didn't know and I went back to my station. He had this puzzled look on his face I tried to read but couldn't. It reminded me of buyers remorse. I'll know more soon when the bloom falls off the rose.
- 05-14-2013, 03:12 AM #19
Enough of the sadness, on to happy thoughts...i really love my start screen! :)
- 05-14-2013, 09:39 AM #20
05-14-2013, 09:59 AM #21Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!
- 235 Posts
- 05-14-2013, 10:43 AM #22
What amazes me is how differently Americans and central Europeans think about and react to advertisements. In my neck of the world, admitting to buying anything due to advertisements would be like saying: "hey, I'm a flaky pushover incapable of reaching my own conclusions and glad to be manipulated by large corporations". Obviously Europeans are also influenced by adds, but more on a subconscious level. Funny how things like that differ.
- 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM #25
Coming from Verizon I had the 822 and 8x...loved them both. The 8x for its resolution, design, sound and camera. The 822 because of the apps (Nokia) and the screen (loved the blacks/colors). The first phone I picked up at ATT was the HTC One. It was an awesome phone. The cover flow (I think that's what its called) reminded me of the live tiles and the screen was top notch. After the wow factor wore off (about 30min) I realized it was same old android. Paid the restocking fee, returned it and picked up a white Lumia 920 for free. Couldn't be happier. Finally group texting and an awesome camera along with a great display and of course the OS :) Only thing I missed from the HTC One was the IR it had...loved using it as a remote for my TV.
- By NickyNichols in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2013, 01:46 AM
- By dakranii in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM
- By Averry in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2011, 08:04 PM