Hulu as we all know is just amazing, but it is a SERIOUS battery drainer. Is it just me, or do other Lumias get crispy hott when watching videos on hulu? It litteraly burns to touch it. Also...even when i have the phone plugged into the charger (which is a 2 amp charger btw) it continues to drain the battery faster than the charger is charging the battery.....incredible.
    Phone: Lumia 920
    Network: AT&T

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

Quote Originally Posted by fredolay69 View Post
    Hulu as we all know is just amazing, but it is a SERIOUS battery drainer. Is it just me, or do other Lumias get crispy hott when watching videos on hulu? It litteraly burns to touch it. Also...even when i have the phone plugged into the charger (which is a 2 amp charger btw) it continues to drain the battery faster than the charger is charging the battery.....incredible.
    I haven't given my hulu plus a go yet but have it installed. I realized how hot my 920 gets when I used to view mobitv content. Sounds like the device gets considerably hot when using it to stream video content for lengthy periods of time. The battery drain issue is a combination of the LTE connection, streaming for longer periods of time, and whatever other background tasks you could have running. In general, I've found the 920s battery life to be on the poorer side performance wise regardless of if I stream video or browse here and there, send a few texts and make one or two phone calls. I have about 5 apps, news content and weather app that are 'on' for background tasks.

Watched two hours of Hulu Plus. Wasn't anymore taxing than watching two hours of YouTube.

yes, my 920 got very hot while watching Hulu.

Yeah the battery drain issue with Windows phone 8 is pretty bad. I too have a Lumia 920 and not sure whether its the app or the phone thats the problem. The phone is excellent but i hope Nokia fixes the battery drain issue. I think its normal if your watching youtube for the handset to get really hot.

yup, I watched about an hour of HULU the other day and the 920 got very warm and when I closed the app and checked the battery it had drained about 20%. The app performs amazingly well, though, MUCH better streaming than on my TiVo =/

Yesterday I watched for about an hour and went from full charge to 9%. I restarted the phone and it said I was at 23%, but either way, yes it drained like crazy and yes it got extremely ​hot. Pretty annoying.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The same thing is happening to me with the new YouTube app as well as Vevo. My phone even starts getting hot with Facebook beta after about 5 mins.

Hm... power management seems to be an issue.

Are there any video streaming aps that don't cause such behavior ? Are you using wifi or LTE?

Its not "normal" I don't think... both my 808 and ip5 can play youtube videos for hours without even getting warm.