- 05-08-2013, 12:59 PM #1
So, it's free online right? Well I went into the store and they price matched it for me so it was free in stores! I got it in Red ;) Wanted Cyan but it wasn't there plus.. this is a better choice. Manlier lols. Anywho, I got one question.
Is TTLS-PAP support coming? I need it for school womp. Well, not need but like.. it'd be a huge help.
Any apps you recommend I get? I'm a college student. Only got WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Really liking the device though.
- 05-08-2013, 02:07 PM #2
Congrats on your buy here are few apps you could use
1. Speed Test from Speedtest.net
2. Toggle to have shortcuts for wifi, data, etc
3. Live Calendar
5. IM+ Messenger
6. Sky Drive
7. PDF Reader by Pompolutz
8. Post It
9. Transfer My Data From Nokia Most Important to transfer any contacts
10. Amazing Weather HD (Try Before You Buy)
11. Viber (If you have friends on Viber)
12. UC Browser
13. Nokia Express Browser
14. Here Maps, Drive and Transit
15. Note Plus
16. Amazing Music
18. Angry Birds Currently Free
and Any other games or apps you like
- 05-08-2013, 02:27 PM #5
- 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM #6
05-08-2013, 02:51 PM #7
- 36 Posts
Some of my favorite apps pinned to my start screen right now include:
- Weather Flow
- Metrotube (Still better than the new YouTube app - IMO)
- Amazon Kindle
- Amazon Shopping
- Twitter (Rowi is a great alternative too)
and of course... the offical WP Central App! ;)
Enjoy that awesome 920!
Last edited by Michael Archambault; 05-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.-Michael Archambault
Microsoft News Editor
Windows Phone Central
- 05-08-2013, 03:11 PM #9
Dang. just switched over from Verizon yesterday and got the lumia 920. Wonder if I can call them and get some kind of refund or money back. Congrats on the price!
*just got off the phone with the retail store that I bought the phone with and they credited me back what I paid :) Very happy with att's customer service so far.
Last edited by phantom404; 05-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM #10
- 103 Posts
hey there, i am also gonna buy one but after 15th may after which angry birds sale ends....could u do me a favour since u have a new phone, i'll message u my outlook username and password and u could login to your phone with that and then reset your phone so that my acc. activates for buying angry birds for free.....i am askin u since after reset u won't lose anything cause it's new.....thanks in advance mate
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM #12This will be my first and last Windows Phone unless Microsoft fixes the completely broken live tile / notification system.
- 131 Posts
- 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM #13
Check out the At&t and Nokia exclusive software. Here is my list of recommended apps:
2. 4th & Mayor OR the new Foursquare. ( I have both and can't decide which one to keep! )
3. ActiveNet Now!
6. Facebook Beta (Its getting better!)
8. Free Ringtones
9. HERE Drive
11. PDF Reader (All it does is read)
14. PIcture Perfect
22. Windows Phone Insider
- 05-09-2013, 04:17 PM #15
Last edited by Elephant2000; 05-09-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Wrong URL
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM #17
- 464 Posts
You got a mean and (not so) little machine. Mine has been with me for two months... still lots of new things to love about it.
The camera is a thing of beauty, so try as many lens as you can. I settled for:-
- Fantasia Painter (free)
- Picture Info (displays picture's EXIF/Meta data. Actually, its should be built into the OS)
- Creative Studio
Forget about what you hear about the scarcity of app, the ones that is available are quite solid. Some I use, in no running order
- Header Tiles
- Connectivity Shortcuts
- HERE City, Drive, Maps....
- SkyMap Free (for the star gazers!!)
- On This Day
- Stop Watch
- Unit Conversion Tool
- UC Browser (cos its fast)
- The usual social apps - Facebook Beta, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat
**I dont use Instagram nor play much games
.. have a blast
- By gibbage in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 3Last Post: 05-08-2013, 02:25 AM
- By GT2010PassportVersion in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-01-2012, 06:35 AM
- By KaraNari in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
- By mdram in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 12Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM