Since the restore only goes through the wireless network and not wifi am I to expect a lot of data being downloaded? I only have 150mb per month with Rogers in Canada. I really don't want to go over that. Anyone know the answer?

What do you mean you are not wifi? You don't have a free wifi hotspot near where you roam? Most of these larger apps will only download via Wifi. I need more input.

When you first set up the phone and sign up with the microsoft account it will offer to restore all the backed up settings/files. It only does this through the wireless network, there is NO option to do it through wifi. So my question is whether the restore will use a lot of my data.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerko View Post
    When you first set up the phone and sign up with the microsoft account it will offer to restore all the backed up settings/files. It only does this through the wireless network, there is NO option to do it through wifi. So my question is whether the restore will use a lot of my data.
    Sure there is a wifi option. Go into settings, enable wifi and you are good to go. Smart devices will usually always grab wifi if available before it grabs a data signal. Just enable wifi on the device and your Lumia will use that. Even if it sees data first, once it sees the wifi signal, it'll swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    Sure there is a wifi option. Go into settings, enable wifi and you are good to go. Smart devices will usually always grab wifi if available before it grabs a data signal. Just enable wifi on the device and your Lumia will use that. Even if it sees data first, once it sees the wifi signal, it'll swap.
    we are talking initial setups here.

Yes, it is the initial setup when you first set up the phone from a hard reset.