Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    So after few times of contacting ATT live support they said this:

Buy the phone off-contract and call ATT care number to get an unlock even if you're not an ATT customer.
    I don't have the phone yet because I don't wanna pull the trigger on it because it's unclear. 3 reps I contacted pretty much said the same thing.

Then today I went to 2 att stores and guess what they said...
    1. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Microsoft store and ask for unlocked phones....Not really what I asked.
    2. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Best Buy and ask about unlocked Lumia 920.

I know for sure that Best Buy won't have unlocked, they don't even have a Lumia 920 on display (only the shell).

This is so confusing. Anybody else had these bad experiences searching for Lumia 920?
    Last edited by ArmisLt; 04-09-2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: error

i bought Nokia Lumia 920 Black At&t about 2 weeks ago... not yet unlocked.. if anyone can help me let me know ... thank you

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Call 1-800-331-0500 and ask for an unlock code.
    That's what ATT live support told me, but I didn't because I don't have the phone yet.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    Call 1-800-331-0500 and ask for an unlock code.
    That's what ATT live support told me, but I didn't because I don't have the phone yet.
    Called the number and spoke with tech support to unlock my phone. I gave them the IMEI number but since I purchased mine through an upgrade, I have to wait till May before I can get the unlock code. Something about length of time since purchase and it looks like that wait is about 12 months. If you are buying your phone off-contract, I doubt that you will have any sort of wait.

All AT&T exclusive devices (like the Lumia 920) have a 6 month no unlock period after launch. So that gets you to May 9th (launched Nov 9th) After that, if you are no-contract full price purchase you can unlock right away, if on contract you usually need to have had the device for 90 days and have an account in good standing, although that 90 day period may be shorter if you are a long-time customer and/or a premier customer.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Well there you go then. That is the date tech support gave me. I didn't think about the exclusive part of it.

I have had my phone since Feb. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Waiting until May...I actually hate AT$T right now and other companies that are forcing consumers to use the their services because of exclusivity rights.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    3 reps I contacted on ATT live support said that if I bought the phone off contract for full price (449.99) and then called the number, they would unlock it.
    I guess us non ATT people will have to wait until may to have an unlocked Lumia 920.

i calld att few times. the rep. was trying to help me and he went over 2 super v. but nothing they don't give it tiil may.
    i was begging them becuse i had to leave the u.s for a month and i offer to pay for the code but nothing helped me

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Did you call an ATT store or ATT care or support?

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts
    3 reps I contacted on ATT live support said that if I bought the phone off contract for full price (449.99) and then called the number, they would unlock it.
    I guess us non ATT people will have to wait until may to have an unlocked Lumia 920.
    Don't believe them. I ran into this problem when I bought my Veer off contract and my 900, and again with my 920. They say they'll unlock it for you (because they will if it is off contract), but then when you give them the IMEI # they say they don't have the unlock codes, because AT&T doesn't offer them until after the exclusive window is over.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Hi I'm new. Ok got that out of the way. Bought mine off contract full price. Received it today. Called AT&T. they claimed Nokia wouldn't give them the unlock code. I say that's bs. If they don't give it to me, I'm thinking about sending the phone back. Wanted to try windows phone since I'm currently an android guy. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by iboypx View Post
    i bought Nokia Lumia 920 Black At&t about 2 weeks ago... not yet unlocked.. if anyone can help me let me know ... thank you
    There are certain online sites providing unlock code for Nokia Lumia 920. You can get the unlock code form any reliable one among them. Once you have got the unlock code, You can visit www.mobileunlockguide.com This site provides free unlocking instructions. This could help you understand unlocking process better.
    Thanked by:
    jfa1 

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Called them back end of last week and expressed the need for an unlock code. The person at the call center said it wasn't eligible till mid may. I expressed how I thought that was unfair since I paid full price for it. She asked if I wanted it escalated and have a case opened. I said yes. Fast forward to today. I got my unlock code. Haven't tried it yet but wanted to report to the other people who have been getting the run around.
    Thanked by:
    iboypx 
    iboypx likes this.

i will call them again

Is this method working at&t Nokia Lumia 920? many guys are saying its works.. did anyone checked it?

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    This is not a genuine thing, else we would not have had to struggle

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    Called them back end of last week and expressed the need for an unlock code. The person at the call center said it wasn't eligible till mid may. I expressed how I thought that was unfair since I paid full price for it. She asked if I wanted it escalated and have a case opened. I said yes. Fast forward to today. I got my unlock code. Haven't tried it yet but wanted to report to the other people who have been getting the run around.
    It does not matter until you have used the code, which more than likely will not work.

Many users on this forums have received codes from At&t, but they just do not work. The exclusivity will be over very shortly. Patience :)
  19. tgp

Global Posts
    2,158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iboypx View Post
    Is this method working at&t Nokia Lumia 920? many guys are saying its works.. did anyone checked it?
    I actually checked this out; the problem is the Serial Key. It means the Serial Key for the app, and that is impossible to get without downloading a lot of junk and applying for 50 credit cards and ordering a bunch of weight loss diet stuff and...

In short, if you can get it to work that's great, but I couldn't.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    I actually checked this out; the problem is the Serial Key. It means the Serial Key for the app, and that is impossible to get without downloading a lot of junk and applying for 50 credit cards and ordering a bunch of weight loss diet stuff and...

In short, if you can get it to work that's great, but I couldn't.
    Man, it is a so OBVIOUS scam.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    It does not matter until you have used the code, which more than likely will not work.

Many users on this forums have received codes from At&t, but they just do not work. The exclusivity will be over very shortly. Patience :)
    it in fact did work. Put my T-Mobile sim in and connected auto-magically.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    So after few times of contacting ATT live support they said this:

Buy the phone off-contract and call ATT care number to get an unlock even if you're not an ATT customer.
    I don't have the phone yet because I don't wanna pull the trigger on it because it's unclear. 3 reps I contacted pretty much said the same thing.

Then today I went to 2 att stores and guess what they said...
    1. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Microsoft store and ask for unlocked phones....Not really what I asked.
    2. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Best Buy and ask about unlocked Lumia 920.

I know for sure that Best Buy won't have unlocked, they don't even have a Lumia 920 on display (only the shell).

This is so confusing. Anybody else had these bad experiences searching for Lumia 920?
    I just saw on Bestbuy website, and they do have Nokia Lumia 4G 920 Unlocked listed for
    Sale: $720.98.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    It's May 1st!!!, has anyone tried yet, im looking to buy a 920 next week and would like to know if anyone has tried calling AT&T for unlock codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati Storm View Post
    It's May 1st!!!, has anyone tried yet, im looking to buy a 920 next week and would like to know if anyone has tried calling AT&T for unlock codes.
    Codes aren't available until May 9th..
    LG Quantum >> Samsung Focus S i937 >> HTC 8X (Blue) >> Nokia Lumia 920 (Red) & Surface RT

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP View Post
    Codes aren't available until May 9th..
    Confirmed?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast