Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Well last week I found out I was getting a promotion at work that would net me a company phone, iphone 4s, directly billed to the company so its what we dream of, a free phone with unlimited data lol. I posted on here last week about it and lamented having to potentially give up the Lumia as the $1,200 a year spent to keep it was too much to give up if I have a free phone. But after hemming and hawing over it I decided I simply cannot go with out it and will be keeping it and will be one of those douchebags with 2 phones.

The Lumia has become such an integral part of my day to day and social life that I don't think I can go without it stepping back down into IOS. After meeting with my IT guys this morning they all agreed, said the company will eventually be locking all that stuff out of the company phones anyway in the near future so I might as well keep it.

So, in short, I love the Lumia 920 and WP8 so much that I keep it even after getting a free company iphone, thats crazy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    "do I suck?"

Lol. If you have to ask then the answer is YES!
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have a 920 & a Nexus 4. Does that mean I'm a d.ouchebag?

I think so lol

Me and my buddies at work used to always make fun of the older sales guys with 2 phones, because they couldn't figure out how to consolidate everything onto one device, now I understand, they just really loved there old Palm's haha

cant you just sell the iphone? hahahaha =P

Not sure why you need some validation on having two.phones. There's no law against it

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Well other option is why cant you get a Nokia phone from work instead of 4s?.
    Bartdog likes this.
  8. tgp

Global Posts
    2,361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers View Post
    I have a 920 & a Nexus 4. Does that mean I'm a d.ouchebag?
    That's exactly what I had until Saturday, when I traded my 920 for an iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Bartdog and waqqas31 like this.

My employer is using Iphone 4s right now on Verizon, will likely change later this year to something current and more powerful but it may end up being an Android device. I have to use this phone for work, no options, e-mail etc. will all be forwarded to this phone, so thats it, I have 2 phones lol

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    My condolences

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Bartdog and Muessig like this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,226 Global Posts
    Is there something specific on the iPhone that your company requires? If not, ask them if you can use your Lumia instead.

many people carry two smart phones now a days, one for work and one for personal use. Meh i guess it sucks for you to have to carry two phones.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I have a BB and a 920, guess I am also one of those douchbags lol. I will be able to drop the BB soon however. Just waiting on the Notes team to get the new version of notes traveler up and running.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
  15. tgp

Global Posts
    2,361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleFiene View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerwagon View Post
    My condolences

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to figure out yet if I should feel that way too! I am an Android guy and the Nexus 4 is my daily driver, and the 920 was my 2nd phone on a trial basis. I also wanted to try out the iPhone 5, and when I had the opportunity to trade I took it. I'll see how it goes... I can always sell the iPhone and buy another 920 and have some cash left over.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    I'm the ****** with THREE (hopefully soon to be four) personal phones. Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Titan, and BlackBerry Curve 8520, for BBM. Hopefully if I get a company phone once employed it'll be a BlackBerry Ten device. Can you have separate personal and professional BBM contact lists on 10?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I used to carry 2 phones... What a pain at times. I got rid of one. My company just reimburses me and a few others (mostly) my IT team members. We all use a mix of os(s). I am the only Windows Phone user.

What is the absolute reason for the iphone only? Specific app or in house app? If is just email, who cares if they have an exchange server or other server capable of securing the phones email.

My main reason is like I tell everyone else. Anything from the company is not yours... Email, phones, computers, etc. Even though my company is kinda laxed and may give the device to you in the end, it is not yours until then. We usually oversee a lot of these things and personally I don't want anyone prying into my stuff and what I am doing. I can't stand people using company tools personally. We may or may not help you get your data or give it back. The company may spy on you... I mean wee see everything... The email is filtered.... Blah blah...

Anywho, I say power to you. Get your iPhone, use it for what you need at work and keep your other one. If there is no specific app needed, then there is really not reason you could not get your company's email on your phone. They just want to have a standard for support or they're just iPhone fans/sheep.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I love the Lumia so much I'm keeping it even after I get a free company iphone, do I suck?
    Yes, yes you do.

Be careful pocketing them to closely to your nuts, its been known these devices can cause ball cancer.. 😉

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    That's what back pockets are for. Although, I guess you run the risk of corn hole cancer.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    That's what back pockets are for. Although, I guess you run the risk of corn hole cancer.
    Is there ANYTHING in this world that is not already considered a direct risk for cancer?!
    James8561 and Narse77 like this.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to figure out yet if I should feel that way too! I am an Android guy and the Nexus 4 is my daily driver, and the 920 was my 2nd phone on a trial basis. I also wanted to try out the iPhone 5, and when I had the opportunity to trade I took it. I'll see how it goes... I can always sell the iPhone and buy another 920 and have some cash left over.
    You will probably like it if you enjoyed Android. iOS and Android are a lot more alike than WP and them. Also if having the latest app is important you will like it. It really is a fantastic piece of hardware. My wife loves hers.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HNNNNNGHHH View Post
    Is there ANYTHING in this world that is not already considered a direct risk for cancer?!
    Nope! Love your avatar BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Narse77 View Post
    I have a BB and a 920, guess I am also one of those douchbags lol. I will be able to drop the BB soon however. Just waiting on the Notes team to get the new version of notes traveler up and running.
    that makes us two..

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    I think so lol

Me and my buddies at work used to always make fun of the older sales guys with 2 phones, because they couldn't figure out how to consolidate everything onto one device, now I understand, they just really loved there old Palm's haha
    I also have an iPhone5. I like to have a phone for each platform. The i5 makes a good toy for my daughter. The L920 is my daily driver, the n4 is for when I like to hack.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast